• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice

Gerry McCulloch

Time of past OR future Camino
23 May 2019
Hi, My name is Gerry and my Camino commences on 23/05/2019. I have read that beginning from Peruscallo qualifies for the certificate...is this correct?
Additionally, I will reside in Lugo for 3 nights then Santiago for 4 nights by travelling back to the hotel at the end of my daily walks. How difficult or easy is it to travel from Lugo to Portos, Lugo to Ribadiso, and Amenal to Santiago de Compostella

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Gerry, I’m very confused. Which Camino are you planning to walk? If you want a Compostela then you need to walk at least 100km to Santiago by one of the recognized Caminos with religious intent or in a spirit of search (I paraphrase). If you want the certificate of welcome you just need to turn up 😉
There is continuous debate as to whether Lugo is a qualifying 100km from Santiago but that’s for another question.

Its the Camino Frances from Sarria. I'm attempting to do it in 4 days and wish to knock 9km off (Sarria to Peruscallo) if possible. Google states Peruscallo to Santiago is 103.4Km.
My main concern is the transport links from the places stated as my wife will be with me (but not walking) therefore I have to make my way back each day

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
www.rome2rio.com may help but I think that you’re likely to be reliant on taxis. That’s a complex itinerary you have set. You might, if you have flexibility of opportunity consider rebooking your and your wife’s accommodations and transport along the route of the Frances which passes some way south of Lugo.

Wow!! Yes it is very, complicated indeed. As Tincatinka states maybe you should rethink things. One of the most important lessons of the Camino is learning simplicity and the powerful lesson that you can learn that all you truly need in life is what you can carry on your back. As long as you have the love of family and friends and hopefully health, what else matters? I think the most powerful way to learn it is by walking and knowing all you will do as a pilgrim is wake, walk, eat, sleep, meet the most wonderful people on earth, and do it again the next day. Please rethink and have your wife follow you along your path and let her do the bookings for you, and hopefully enjoy the beauty of the towns, people and countryside of Galicia and let you have your camino. Don't knock any kilometers off your trip. Every step is a blessing. No matter how painful sometimes!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back