• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

After Frances plans

Eve Alexandra

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2017 Astorga-SDC, April 2022 SJPP-Muxia
If you, sayyyy…finished your Frances walk, and then walked to the ocean, and still had close to a week to kill before flying home, but not enough money to take trains to other EU countries…and you’re an introvert who has already seen SDC. Is there some way to affordably hang out on the beach near Finisterre/Muxia? Or is there something else not too far that would be a peaceful retreat kind of vibe to process your Camino before returning to regular life?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You do not mention if you are flying home from, say, Madrid. Nor the approximate time you will finish your Camino. So, admitting that I am ignorant of these aspects of your travel, I would suggest that you head south. From Porto, one of the nicest places that I have recently discovered, there are a series of resort towns along the coast running all the way up to the Spanish border. Go to Porto inexpensively by bus. Then sample beaches and seafood along the coast. All of the resort towns are an easy trip from Porto by public transportation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m flying home from Madrid. Idk anything about Porto. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
What about Playa de las catedrales on the north coast near Ribadeo it's an absolutely amazing place but it's also part of the camino del norte which you may already walked or intending to

This is my plan for next month 🤞🏻 and I haven’t seen it mentioned in the forum before. This region in Galicia (Rias Baixas) is famous for the Albariño wine, it’s very refreshing, one of my fave whites. So after Santiago, getting the compostela, cathedral visit etc etc, I would visit some of these seaside villages: Pontevedra and Meano.

Here is a comprehensive list of some of the wineries in the region.

Viator and GetYourGuide have a variety of day trips which include wine tasting, visiting a fishing village, and even a boat trip!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
On my first camino, I rented a car from Sdc to Madrid for 6 days, staying at cheap hostal along the way. It gave me lots of ideas for my following Camino's by driving down from coast to Padron, Vigo, then headed east to Verin, Sanabria, Salamanca, Avila, Toledo, Segovia before returning the car in Madrid. Incidentally these places I revisted later from my Camino Portuguese, Camino via de la Plata, Camino Levante, Camino Madrid.

Keeping myself busy like after my first Camino like this seems to be more helpful than staying put in a place for more than a day as my mind and body still reel from walking every day. The car and the many places I go helped me transition back to daily life. Plus moving at a much faster speed yet not on a train or bus really feels good. 😆

Last edited:
We recently stayed in Muxia for about a week at the end of our recent camino. It was a wonderful place to stay. While we were there we hiked on the Camino dos Faros in each direction from Muxia. There is a parador in the direction going south/west. A nice place to stop for coffee. (After the parador, the Camino dos Faros gets very wild and wonderful and was slightly scary. We didn't go as far as we had planned and later learned it is one of the toughest parts of the Faros.) On the direction going north/east (much tamer) we had lunch at Casa Carmela. A wonderful tiny down-home seafood restaurant. We like to hike but we do like our breaks as well. :)

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you, sayyyy…finished your Frances walk, and then walked to the ocean, and still had close to a week to kill before flying home, but not enough money to take trains to other EU countries…and you’re an introvert who has already seen SDC. Is there some way to affordably hang out on the beach near Finisterre/Muxia? Or is there something else not too far that would be a peaceful retreat kind of vibe to process your Camino before returning to regular life?
I don't know what the status of The Little Fox House near Muxia is currently (ie: if it's open) but I know people who have had a wonderful post camino retreat here before going home.

I’m flying home from Madrid. Idk anything about Porto. I’ll look into it. Thanks!
If you are going to Madrid anyways, there is plenty to see either in Madrid itself or as day trips from Madrid. Toledo would probably be my top-rated day trip from Madrid but other nice possibilities include Segovia, Avila, Cuenca, El Escorial...

If you just want to decompress and not steep yourself in culture and tourism, the Little Fox House in Muxia has a great reputation for that.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back