• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Airport bus stop in Plaza Galicia

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
Hi, This time I am coming into Santiago to get back to the airport (same day) from the Portuguese Camino. Looks like I go down Av Xoan Carlos(? ) -looking at John B's map. Is the first stop for the airport bus in Plaza Galicia just far down on the right after the Alameda park? If you have got the bus from there would love to hear from you - my map reading/estimates of distance are rubbish!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The bus stop is in front of the Plaza de Galicia park, 50 meters down from the Universal Hotel.

If you are not stopping in Santiago, walk up from the Portuguese along the Alamada on Xoan Carlos 1 until the large roundabout where you want to keep your right to end up on Rua da Senra (1 block) and rhen take a right to walk along Plaza Galicia until you reach the Universal Hotel. Easy peasy.

There's a bus every 30 minutes.

Good luck.

The bus stop is in front of the Plaza de Galicia park, 50 meters from the Universal Hotel.

If you are not stopping in Santiago, walk up from the Portuguese along the Alamada on Xoan Carlos 1 until the large roundabout where you want to keep your right to end up on Rua da Senra (1 block) and rhen take a right to walk along Plaza Galicia until you reach the Universal Hotel. Easy peasy.

If you are comming from the historical center, walk away from the cathedral via rua Nova or one of the other parallel touristy streats until you hit the busy rua da Fonte/Senra, then head to the side of the Plaza Galicia on the right hand side, go down the street that goes along it, spot the Universal Hotel and look for the stop some 50 m. From it.

Good luck.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, This time I am coming into Santiago to get back to the airport (same day) from the Portuguese Camino. Looks like I go down Av Xoan Carlos(? ) -looking at John B's map. Is the first stop for the airport bus in Plaza Galicia just far down on the right after the Alameda park? If you have got the bus from there would love to hear from you - my map reading/estimates of distance are rubbish!!

in front of hotel universal in plaza galicia (small square), where the taxi rank is. you cannot miss it. there is a handy airport bus stop sign too. 3 euros and roughly 40 minutes will take you to the airport. i believe there is a bus every half hour.

The bus stop is in front of the Plaza de Galicia park, 50 meters from the Universal Hotel.

If you are comming from the historical center, walk away from the cathedral via rua Nova or one of the other parallel touristy streats until you hit the busy rua da Fonte/Senra, then head to the side of the Plaza Galicia on the right hand side, go down the street that goes along it, spot the Universal Hotel and look for the stop some 50 m. From it.

Good luck.

Good luck.
Thanks for that.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Airport buses start at 6am and run every 30 mins on the hour and half hour until midnight.

It also stops in the Rua de Rosa, the train station and the bus station. For those staying in Albergues in San Lázaro it may also be useful to know that it stops at the Chapel in San Lázaro and also along before the roundabout after Monte de Gozo at the Palacio de Congresos.

Last edited:
Airport buses start at 6am and run every 30 mins on the hour and half hour until midnight.

It also stops in the Rua de Rosa, the train station and the bus station. For those staying in Albergues in San Lázaro it may also be useful to know that it stops at the Chapel in San Lázaro and also along before the roundabout after Monte de Gozo at the Palacio de Congresos.
Thanks for that. Where is Rua de Rosa, I know it is the second stop for the bus, but I can't see it on the map I have (JB's book).
Elaine

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi - the first two stops are about 3 minutes apart. The bus leaves the Plaza Galicia, goes straight down Rua Doutor Teixeiro and at the bottom crosses over through traffic lights into Rua da Rosa - the stop is just a few metres down on the Right.

I took it in the bus terminal -I think it is more convenient if you are lodged near rua dos Concheiros or San Pedro, where the Camino enters the city. Obviously, the schedules are a bit different; see here
Besides convenience, I tend to be lost in the (otherwise charming) maze of medieval irregular streets of downtown. I was leaving very early in the morning, so I wanted a straight, easy way to my bus stop.
(I was in the Hotel Santa Clara, managed by the La Salle school; it was ok, but probably not my best option. It is just an hotel, and I sorely missed the "pilgrim feeling".
On the other side, the near "Bodeguita de San Roque" was a good restaurant for dining, favored by local people; I liked it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back