• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Airport

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
First: Thank you all for your support about the lost documents, and other stuff, too. There is a ton of love and warmth on this Forum, which is why it is so special.

First leg of the flight to Madrid, and I am all TSAd to Europe. Yes, my trekking poles, disassembled and wrapped and tips covered, made it through with nary a sidelong glance. I am enrolled in the TSA Precheck program, so maybe that helped, too? Last year they were also allowed.

But, again, this is only MY experience: YMMV . Jill was standing nearby in case the pole had to go

Next stop—- Seattle, then to Frankfurt for a short layover, then Madrid. Then bedtime in Madrid and an early flight to Biarritz the next morning.

I’ll post soon. I don’t blog, but I’ll try and update as I go.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Glad your nightmare was cured. Buen Camino! I start in Pamplona the 26th (if I can find my stuff, that is ;)).

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
2011-12-14-15-16-17-18CF
2013 Arles/Aragones
2015 & 2017 HærvejenDK
I am so glad that everything is going smoothly after your initial panic over missing documents and I hope your long flight to Madrid is relaxing and uneventful. Looking forward to updates.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2015 ,2017
First: Thank you all for your support about the lost documents, and other stuff, too. There is a ton of love and warmth on this Forum, which is why it is so special.

First leg of the flight to Madrid, and I am all TSAd to Europe. Yes, my trekking poles, disassembled and wrapped and tips covered, made it through with nary a sidelong glance. I am enrolled in the TSA Precheck program, so maybe that helped, too? Last year they were also allowed.

But, again, this is only MY experience: YMMV . Jill was standing nearby in case the pole had to go

Next stop—- Seattle, then to Frankfurt for a short layover, then Madrid. Then bedtime in Madrid and an early flight to Biarritz the next morning.

Ben Camino. Enjoy every step.

Hi, Dave
I had missed your crisis thread till all was done and the crisis averted. Like others, it was a quick shock followed by relief of the follow-up post saying you had found everything!

Now you are truly on the way, wishing you and Caleb a wonderful camino. Looking forward to hearing all about it,whether from the camino or afterwards!

By now, you must be already in Madrid, oh so much closer! Buen camino, with a slight tinge of envy. ;) Laurie

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019), Portuguese (2019)

Good to hear from you. Buen Camino!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Stephen "LIVE" from the camino 17

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%