• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues Cost

pgsteele

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Podiensis
Hello! A member of our local chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino in Albuquerque wants to know: What are albergues charging, in general, on the Francés? She asks for her grandsons who will be walking in May 2024.
Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello! A member of our local chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino in Albuquerque wants to know: What are albergues charging, in general, on the Francés? She asks for her grandsons who will be walking in May 2024.
Thank you!
This website will give you a listing of all accommodations along the route as well as prices. Things might be a bit higher with each passing year, but you will have a general idea. My cheapest was 7€ and most expensive 22€ this past year (May-July). I used mostly privates that allowed reservations.

SJPP and Santiago will generally be your most expensive stays.

It's (Gronze.com) not entirely accurate unless someone updates it. I am walking later this month Sarria to Santiago with a group of college students. My current research is that Xunta (state government albergues) are charging 10 euros per night. We are paying 13 to 15 euros for private albergues. Some are more, but I am trying to hold down costs and students are pretty grateful to spend less even if they may be less comfortable...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Realizing that it's a different route, private albergues on the Primitivo were pretty uniformly €15 a night in September 2023. Now, whether that included sheets and/ or a towel would vary, and it never included laundry above and beyond the sink, nor would it generally include food.

What I heard this year is that many albergues on the route are closed because of Ukrain fugutives. So I guess it will be even more harder to find a place with the increase of people over the last ten years or more. but don't worry, when you're on the camino all good, you'll find your way. buen camino.

What I heard this year is that many albergues on the route are closed because of Ukrain fugutives. So I guess it will be even more harder to find a place with the increase of people over the last ten years or more. but don't worry, when you're on the camino all good, you'll find your way. buen camino.
I assume you mean Ukrainian refugees NOT fugitives. Fugitives, they are not!

I'm very curious as to where you've heard that.

Spain and its people, like many other European countries, have been generous in their support for the Ukrainians. But I have not heard of any stories of Albergues being taken over to provide refuge.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I assume you mean Ukrainian refugees NOT fugitives. Fugitives, they are not!

I'm very curious as to where you've heard that.

Spain and its people, like many other European countries, have been generous in their support for the Ukrainians. But I have not heard of any stories of Albergues being taken over to provide refuge.
Ahh your right. I translated it at google translation and you're totally right :)
Don't get upset :)

Ahh your right. I translated it at google translation and you're totally right :)
I don't know, heard about it. I was doing camino dos Faros this year so I wasn't on the frances but some one told me otherwise I wouldn't write.

I understood through the context, no worries. We non native English speakers know it can sometimes be difficult to find the correct translation :).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I don't know, heard about it. I was doing camino dos Faros this year so I wasn't on the frances but some one told me otherwise I wouldn't write.
Sounds very unlikely to me. If finding a bed on the Camino Francés would indeed become difficult because of Ukranian refugees staying in albergues you would definitely read about that in (local) newspapers.

Sounds very unlikely to me. If finding a bed on the Camino Francés would indeed become difficult because of Ukranian refugees staying in albergues you would definitely read about that in (local) newspapers.
There have been a number of albergues which have been used as accommodation for refugees from Ukraine and for other migrants recently. Mainly on the quieter and less walked routes. There have been reports on news websites over the past year or so. But not so much on the Camino Frances and the total number of albergues involved has been small.

There have been a number of albergues which have been used as accommodation for refugees from Ukraine and for other migrants recently. Mainly on the quieter and less walked routes. There have been reports on news websites over the past year or so. But not so much on the Camino Frances and the total number of albergues involved has been small.

Thanks! So almost none on the Francés. Besides, the big influx of Ukranian refugees was last year and @maurice thinks it will become an issue in the future.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Apology accepted - I understand all too well as a foreigner here in Germany how unreliable Google translate can be at times.
I apologise if my reply was a little tetchy, living here in Germany I have made several Ukrainian friends (refugees)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
Down load Camino Ninja it has towns, where to start, how far you want to walk plus the accommodation on the way and their costs

Wow! Thank to you all for your helpful replies. I will forward this info on to Margaret. She's very thankful for your generous spirit and send blessings to you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back