• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues for sale or for rent

Thomas1962

Time of past OR future Camino
2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
I know, I know, there are many reasons NOT to buy or rent an albergue, we have read and know them all.
But after 4 years of talking about, my wife and me both still want to run an albergue... :) In the end it will all depend on availability and calculations, but it is time for us now to take a step in this. In a few weeks we go and visit Albergues which are for sale or for rent.
I did read the 'Albergues for sale' part in this forum, with a few people we do have contact already. But there must be much more. Does anyone know about any albergue for sale or rent at this moment, or know about owners who are thinking about this? There is always a lot of knowledge among the people on this forum...
We don't have a fixed place or route yet, it can be anywhere. Please send a PM if needed.

Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks so far Annie and David, very useful!
Hope more information is coming.

Last edited:
This is an old thread... But if anyone is looking for a really legal / practical place, try this ?!
For sale - brilliant little albergue in village north of Zamora, directly on Via dela Plata. Completely renovated / legalised farmhouse with balcony, terrace, walled garden, sheds, well. All furnishings etc included, ready to go! Already has track record. Great small business / holiday house / retreat. 40,000 euros. timworkmail at gmail.com

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is an old thread... But if anyone is looking for a really legal / practical place, try this ?!
For sale - brilliant little albergue in village north of Zamora, directly on Via dela Plata. Completely renovated / legalised farmhouse with balcony, terrace, walled garden, sheds, well. All furnishings etc included, ready to go! Already has track record. Great small business / holiday house / retreat. 40,000 euros. timworkmail at gmail.com

I’ve been looking at and discussing with Tim this place since early spring and will go to see while walking the VDLP this March. I felt it necessary to walk the VDLP first to understand what arriving pilgrims might be feeling. It’s a big decision but well the Camino calls and it’s time for a life change.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at and discussing with Tim this place since early spring and will go to see while walking the VDLP this March. I felt it necessary to walk the VDLP first to understand what arriving pilgrims might be feeling. It’s a big decision but well the Camino calls and it’s time for a life change.

Great decision! The Plata is very different from the Frances, Norte or Ingles which you have already walked. It is also important to get a feel for the place and hamlet. I have also had contact with Tim and Bea, one of the three women that we running the place last year. If you would like me to be a sounding board feel free to contact me via a pm. I have walked this section of the Plata three times and have slept in the municipal on each occasion walking from Zamora.

Great decision! The Plata is very different from the Frances, Norte or Ingles which you have already walked. It is also important to get a feel for the place and hamlet. I have also had contact with Tim and Bea, one of the three women that we running the place last year. If you would like me to be a sounding board feel free to contact me via a pm. I have walked this section of the Plata three times and have slept in the municipal on each occasion walking from Zamora.
Thank you so much, that’s great.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back