• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues Portugal

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Gronze is always a good and up to date source of what albergues have to offer.

For instance in Tui ,the albergue Ideas Peregrinas has a dorm and private rooms.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In Portugal most albergues (i. e. those listed by ViaLusitana) do not have private rooms. On the other hand, most albergues do not have those big dorms you encounter on CF. So it is worth to give them a try.

Pensiones/residenciales are not very expensive either. The average price for a double room is 30 to 40 €, i. e. 15 to 20 € per person/night.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In Portugal most albergues (i. e. those listed by ViaLusitana) do not have private rooms. On the other hand, most albergues do not have those big dorms you encounter on CF. So it is worth to give them a try.

Pensiones/residenciales are not very expensive either. The average price for a double room is 30 to 40 €, i. e. 15 to 20 € per person/night.

Thanks for this...we did albergues on the CF and will probably do moistly the same on the CP...but useful to know what the alternatives will cost...

Thanks for this...we did albergues on the CF and will probably do moistly the same on the CP...but useful to know what the alternatives will cost...

You can have a look at the massive list of albergues, residencials, hostals, hotels, camping sites and lots more in the resources section. It covers both the coastal, the central, spiritual and the route from Lisbon->Porto

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back