• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Am I possessed?!

mariam88

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2017)
Dreaming of a 2019 Camino ...
finished the Francés nearly two months ago, happy I'd finished it but with no desire to do it again - it was a one-off and it's not as if I even hiked anywhere before the Camino invaded my mind and haven't hiked anywhere since. My fingers have now downloaded info on the Portugués and Norte and written notes regarding which one I might walk next, this is not good - husband will be very hacked off if I disappear again :eek:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I understand this is a common theme, one that I experienced. What surprises me is that it took you so long (2 months) before your foray into all things camino.
Among more experienced pilgrims than I, its call the "camino bug" , I'm not sure there's a cure, if there is I've not heard about it.
Happy planning.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
finished the Francés nearly two months ago, happy I'd finished it but with no desire to do it again - it was a one-off and it's not as if I even hiked anywhere before the Camino invaded my mind and haven't hiked anywhere since. My fingers have now downloaded info on the Portugués and Norte and written notes regarding which one I might walk next, this is not good - husband will be very hacked off if I disappear again :eek:
Hi Mariam, it happen to a lot off Pilgrims.

It's a great feeling and probably never goes away .;)

Wish you well,Peter.

Welcome, Mariam, and no don't worry.
You're likely just more comfortable being authentically who you are.

It's true, though. It does sneak up on you; most of us were probably only going to do one Camino, but then...

Can you take your husband along next time so that he gets the camino bug too?;)
It's a wonderful thing to catch, because it turns the heart to simplicity and kindness and sanity - and remembering in the midst of seeing yet another thing to want that all we really need we can carry on our backs, and even that may be too much.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Camino Bug or Virus is a life-altering disease for which no known cure exists! Alleviation of symptoms can be achieved by planning and scheduling next Camino(s) in regular intervals.
Differently to most other diseases its symptoms are actually benign to positive for the 'sufferer', they include, but are not restricted to,:

A broadened horizon and better understanding of other cultures.
Added physical exercise, with all the benefits that come with this.
An increase in mental and spiritual well-being.

Buen Camino from a fellow 'sufferer', SY

Welcome aboard! You are "singing the song" that most of us on this forum sing. I hope you are able to iron out things with hubby so you can go again. Mine has finally resigned himself and given his blessings as I prepare to walk my 4th route (LePuy) next June.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I hear you can take shots for it while on Camino however I hear that it can intensify the feeling. As a non drinker I have no personal experience in the matter.

Buen Camino (planning!)

Hi Mariam88,

Here we go again!!

More possessions!!......more people getting this dreadful bug every day!
Fortunately...there's no exorcism to get rid of this very contagious situation that you find yourself in

Other than planning and walking another Camino!!!

Might cure you!!........then again ....might not!!
Most probably,it will only get worse!!

Sorry to tell you this.!! ......not what you want to hear right now !
With best wishes and happy planning
Annette

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
:rolleyes:
I haven't even finished my first Camino and I'm planning the second already. :rolleyes: My hubby will be hacked off just hearing talk of a second Camino since he had his heart set on a cruise after we "check it off" the bucket list. Sorry honey.... it's not a one and done!!! :p

For several months after I got home, I had no desire to look at others' photographs posted on this forum. Why? I saw it myself and took pictures, too. Now I look at them and get a lump in my throat.

Meanwhile, I have enough frequent flyer miles to make a trip anywhere in the world right now, and I've never been to South America or Africa; two continents I badly want to travel around.

And here I am not being able to stop thinking about doing the Camino in the Fall, because I did it in the Spring last time and I want to be there during harvest time.

My husband, too, will hate this, as he has to take care of my chickens, tortoises and others while I'm gone....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Maybe your husband can speak to my wife, and start a support group for spouses "abandoned for the camino"?

" its call the "camino bug" , I'm not sure there's a cure, if there is I've not heard about it.
Happy planning.

Not so much a bug, which denotes a bad experience or sickness, as it may be referred to as, "camino brain, or camino addiction or camino life." I agree that, "addiction," seems harsh but if I explain that I am addicted to breathing, not so bad, yes? In this respect, there can be positive addictions.

Yep. Get used to it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey folks,

Do you think Ivar should post a warning somewhere on forum about camino addiction?

Some sort of warning: if you trawl forum, you may walk, if you walk, you may walk, again, and again, and again. And, you just may follow SYates and move to Santiago.

Buen camino to everyone: again, and again, and again.

Most read last week in this forum

As I walked to Calzadilla de la Cueza today (long straight road), probably prompted by noisy torch-bearing pilgrims who got up at 4:20am (5 o’clock is bad enough, but seriously? We couldn’t leave...
I have noticed a few threads about cards and with drawing money. For me as a UK citizen with the top 3 overseas cards, Chase, Clarirty and Barclay card, the main issue is where to find low fee ATM...
I found this interesting, and thought others might too...
Hi Guys. I plan to walk the Camino (811km) next spring. I need suggestions from pilgrims who have walked and are still walking the Camino this April. How was the weather? Did you have too many...
I'm at the airport, suddenly being nostalgic. If you had to choose one sello as your most valuable, why would it be that one? Could be a religious or spiritual experience, the people you met...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.