• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Amazing Alberque in Najera

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2013
Air conditioning is it possible on the Camino? I am over joyed to report that it does. The main Albergue de Peregrino de Najera with 90 beds has air conditioning ! I have arrived in Paradise. Ice cold oxygenated water is offered with biscuits and an invitation to rest your feet before registering wonderfully staff from All over the world and all this for donation!!! I even saw bags being carried by the hospitaleres fot weary pilgrims. Thank you to the staff at this Alberque, this is an Alberque not to miss!!!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Johan, thanks for sharing. I sent this to my friend Tricia who served as hospitalero there a couple of years ago. She is sending it to her fellow hospitaleros. They have had a reunion and are planning another one next year.

Tell them from us that it was obvious they tried to do over and above what could be expected and we really appreciated it

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
johan.steenkamp said:
Air conditioning is it possible on the Camino? I am over joyed to report that it does. The main Albergue de Peregrino de Najera with 90 beds has air conditioning ! I have arrived in Paradise. Ice cold oxygenated water is offered with biscuits and an invitation to rest your feet before registering wonderfully staff from All over the world and all this for donation!!! I even saw bags being carried by the hospitaleres fot weary pilgrims. Thank you to the staff at this Alberque, this is an Alberque not to miss!!!!!

By the way the same gracious effort is also made in autumn/winter by the hospitaleros at Najerra; hot tea, free cookies and a welcome bench are always offered as you stagger in from the storm outside. Most important of all is GREAT HEAT from the same huge ceiling pipes which produce the summer ac. It has always been a treat to return; hopefully I will this November.

MM

Nice to know this as I will be staying in Najera on my 2nd day of walk (early Sept) and weather depending could be a real treat.
Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Location nice, but building industrial, too many beds, sardines in a tin I think, no hot water, second worst after larasonna, walk to azofra

Nice to know this as I will be staying in Najera on my 2nd day of walk (early Sept) and weather depending could be a real treat.
Buen Camino!

Hi, Diva!

Just wondering what have made you so sure that you'll be staying in that exact albergue??? ;)

Ultreia!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.