A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

American pilgrim living in Mexico

2020 Camino Guides

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
Just wondering if anyone knows of any peregrino organizations or groups that are located in Guadalajara, Mexico? I will be moving from Puerto Vallarta to the Lake Chapala area (about an 1.5 south of Guadalajara) in August. I would love to connect with others who have walked or who are planning to in the future. Thanks.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Not sure if you are on facebook, but I bet that if you contact the national group, they will help.

In fact on this page https://caminodesantiagomexico.site123.me/servicios they list Guadalajara as one of the sites of a local organization!

Good luck in making the connection!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Not sure if you are on facebook, but I bet that if you contact the national group, they will help.

In fact on this page https://caminodesantiagomexico.site123.me/servicios they list Guadalajara as one of the sites of a local organization!

Good luck in making the connection!
Thanks so much I will check that out. I know there is a "Camino" restaurant in Mexico City. I used to live there but didn't find out about it until after I moved to Puerto Vallarta :(. I really appreciate your response. I see that there is a Guadalajara chapter. I will definitely be contacting them. Have a great day. You are my first Camino angel off the Camino!

Last edited:

emmanuel

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2011)
Norte (2014)
Norte (2016)
Salvador (2017)
Frances (2018)
Madrid-Salvador-Primitivo 19
Just wondering if anyone knows of any peregrino organizations or groups that are located in Guadalajara, Mexico? I will be moving from Puerto Vallarta to the Lake Chapala area (about an 1.5 south of Guadalajara) in August. I would love to connect with others who have walked or who are planning to in the future. Thanks.
I live in Guadalajara and lakeside on week-ends. I have done 7 caminos to-date and will be walking the Norte in May. We could meet and talk about Camino and non-Camino topics.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I would LOVE to live in Mexico and have been talking about it for several years.
Are you retired? Working? PM me ?
I wondered the same thing, Annie. I know there are quite a few American expats that live in certain areas of Mexico.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I live in Guadalajara and lakeside on week-ends. I have done 7 caminos to-date and will be walking the Norte in May. We could meet and talk about Camino and non-Camino topics.
That would be great. I will send you a PM

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I would LOVE to live in Mexico and have been talking about it for several years.
Are you retired? Working? PM me ?
Hi, I chose to respond here as Camino Chrissy had some questions too. I am just retired. I worked in Real Estate for a few years. I have lived in Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta. There are lots of Americans all over Mexico. Lake Chapala area, Cancun, Mazatlan, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and some other places too. I think the best thing to do for both of you to PM me if you have specific questions and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Zordmot

First timer Spring 2019
Camino(s) past & future
April-May 2019
A great resource for many, many questions about making the move to Mexico is soniadiaz.mx and several really helpful facebook groups such as Expats in Mexico

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A great resource for many, many questions about making the move to Mexico is soniadiaz.mx and several really helpful facebook groups such as Expats in Mexico
Very true. If anyone googles expats in (pick the city) I am sure lots of stuff will pop up especially in coastal cities and towns,.

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Coastal (2018)
Portuguese Coastal, with Spiritual Variant (2019)
There's a Facebook group called Ajijic Hiking Group that you might want to join. My wife and I visited Ajijic a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. Great place for expats.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
There's a Facebook group called Ajijic Hiking Group that you might want to join. My wife and I visited Ajijic a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. Great place for expats.
Thanks I will definately check that out!

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Coastal (2018)
Portuguese Coastal, with Spiritual Variant (2019)
Thanks I will definately check that out!
My assumption is that some people involved in a group like that would likely have done the Camino or thought about it. If not, perhaps you can inspire them to think about it.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 309 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 353 28.4%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock