• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anglican-Episcopalian Camino Chaplaincy 2019 Information

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
As we are about to start our Chaplaincy season here some info about what is on offer:

Prayer Ministry
: No matter if you come this year to Santiago or not, we offer to pray for you, more info here: http://egeria.house/let-us-pray-for-you/

Ecumenical Welcome and Open House (note change of location!): Instead of meeting at my place, we will meet at the Ecumenical Center, very close to the Cathedral. Starting Monday, 13th May 2019 at the Ecumenical Centre, Plaza de la Inmaculada 4, opposite of the Cathedral, same building as Hotel San Martin Pineiro, directly on the Camino Francés. We will be there Mondys, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 15:00 to 18:00.

Informal Eucharist and Shared Meal: On Wednesdays at 17:00 we will have an informal Eucharist around the table at my place (Travesia do Carme de Abeixo, 4, just meters from the Camino to Finisterre) which will be followed by a shared meal. I would appreciate if you could tell me if you come ( Contact info here: http://egeria.house/contact/) as it makes my life easier, if I know how many people I have to cook for ;-)

Sunday Eucharist: Don Julian, the archbishop of Santiago de Compostela, has given us, and other non-Roman-Catholics, permission to use the RC Parish Church of Santa Susana (up in Alameda Park) for our services. We will have there our Sunday Eucharist at 10:00. At the moment I only know that there will be an Orthodox service at 11:00 each first Sunday of the months. If there will be more celebrations at Santa Susana, I will update this thread.

All info also in the attached flyer (click thumbnail to enlarge) and please check also http://egeria.house/updates/ for updates and possible changes to the program. Buen Camino and hope to see you soon in Santiago! SY

New-Flyer.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great work indeed. I continue to pray that God will bless your ministry.

Look what I saw in my local paper this morning:

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/c...cle_d7508946-c426-5398-8fb2-86d40b4e8eea.html

"I have been asked to be the Anglican chaplain at Santiago for a couple of weeks next summer. My intent is to take my family with me and lead services there."

I do not know this minister personally, but I have been at several events where he was the officiant (if that's the right word). Small world!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Quick update: If you are in Santiago, please join us for our Ecumenical Pilgrims' Prayer tomorrow Wednesday, 24th July 2019 at 11:00 at Santa Susana Church in Alameda Park to prepare ourselves for the feast of Saint James/Santiago. More info about our services here: http://egeria.house/updates/ and in the attached image. Buen Camino, SY4 Ecumenical Service.jpg4 Ecumenical Service.jpg

Sybille get the tea on, we will be with you 5 weeks from tomorrow and get that church brushed out. Is there anything that you require, or that we need for the services? I have sourced that other thing for my cousin John. Every blessing John and Linda

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
[/QUOTE]

Sunday Eucharist: Don Julian, the archbishop of Santiago de Compostela, has given us, and other non-Roman-Catholics, permission to use the RC Parish Church of Santa Susana (up in Alameda Park) for our services.

[/QUOTE]

Surprized and impressed! Worthy of praise!

Now, I appreciate that this Chaplaincy is a CofE/ECUSA project. ... Question: Do you suppose that the "us, and other non-Roman-Catholics" invitation might extend to "Traditional BCP" Anglicans no longer in communion with CofE/ECUSA, such as myself? If so, who would I contact to discuss the making of arrangements?

I'm not looking for a fight, OK? Please accept my very best wishes for the success of the Chaplaincy project! ... It's just that I've done some al fresco services along the Way, over the years, and would be profoundly grateful for the chance to celebrate a "Traditional BCP" Anglican service indoors when I finish my next Frances.

Pax.

Sure, not a problem at all! If you have day and time contact me and I check with my RC contact if the church is free aka not booked by any other group. If that is the case, I just let you in and even help you to set up ;-) BC SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sure, not a problem at all! If you have day and time contact me and I check with my RC contact if the church is free aka not booked by any other group. If that is the case, I just let you in and even help you to set up ;-) BC SY

Thank you! ... My 2019 walk ends in Leon, but I expect to be in SdeC again in 2020 or 2021, and will keep this possibility in mind. ... And God bless you for the good work that you're doing.

Last edited:
Thank you! ... My 2019 walk ends in Leon, but I expect to be in SdeC again in 2020 or 2021, and will keep this possibility in mind. ... And God bless you for the good work that you're doing.
Hi RAPP Just to give you an idea of the make up of services last year at one of the services that I took were 6 Anglicans, 1 Baptist, 2 Lutheran, 4 evangelicals, and some of those were there the next week as well, but this is learning and evolving situation. I do one BCP Morning Prayer a month as well as a couple of BCP Communions in the evening, here at home, so you are not on your own.

Hi RAPP Just to give you an idea of the make up of services last year at one of the services that I took were 6 Anglicans, 1 Baptist, 2 Lutheran, 4 evangelicals, and some of those were there the next week as well, but this is learning and evolving situation. I do one BCP Morning Prayer a month as well as a couple of BCP Communions in the evening, here at home, so you are not on your own.

Encouraging, sir! ... I'm pretty much an "Old Order Anglican" traditionalist -- 1928 BCP Morning Prayer and Communion every Sunday. And I'm grateful to be safe and secure in a very traditional diocese! ...That said, I manage to get along wonderfully well with everybody in my small town, particularly well with the local Romans, who are definitely not traditionalists ... With age has come -- perhaps -- wisdom. Or at least patience. ... We're all heading for the catacombs again, so we might as well hold hands as we go, eh?

And -- don't tell the bishop! -- I've adopted at my parish what is functionally an "open communion" policy. For which wild recklessness I blame the Camino.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
... With age has come -- perhaps -- wisdom. Or at least patience. ... We're all heading for the catacombs again, so we might as well hold hands as we go, eh?

And -- don't tell the bishop! -- I've adopted at my parish what is functionally an "open communion" policy. For which wild recklessness I blame the Camino.

Just let's hold hands and share the table then ;-) BC SY

As we are about to start our Chaplaincy season here some info about what is on offer:

Prayer Ministry: No matter if you come this year to Santiago or not, we offer to pray for you, more info here: http://egeria.house/let-us-pray-for-you/

Ecumenical Welcome and Open House (note change of location!): Instead of meeting at my place, we will meet at the Ecumenical Center, very close to the Cathedral. Starting Monday, 13th May 2019 at the Ecumenical Centre, Plaza de la Inmaculada 4, opposite of the Cathedral, same building as Hotel San Martin Pineiro, directly on the Camino Francés. We will be there Mondys, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 15:00 to 18:00.

Informal Eucharist and Shared Meal: On Wednesdays at 17:00 we will have an informal Eucharist around the table at my place (Travesia do Carme de Abeixo, 4, just meters from the Camino to Finisterre) which will be followed by a shared meal. I would appreciate if you could tell me if you come ( Contact info here: http://egeria.house/contact/) as it makes my life easier, if I know how many people I have to cook for ;-)

Sunday Eucharist: Don Julian, the archbishop of Santiago de Compostela, has given us, and other non-Roman-Catholics, permission to use the RC Parish Church of Santa Susana (up in Alameda Park) for our services. We will have there our Sunday Eucharist at 10:00. At the moment I only know that there will be an Orthodox service at 11:00 each first Sunday of the months. If there will be more celebrations at Santa Susana, I will update this thread.

All info also in the attached flyer (click thumbnail to enlarge) and please check also http://egeria.house/updates/ for updates and possible changes to the program. Buen Camino and hope to see you soon in Santiago! SY

View attachment 56917
I will be finishing my Camino in mid October will you still be active with your activities then. I am the American version of Anglican. lol.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Any current Anglican presence/activity that any of you know of -- either traditional or "New Age"! -- anywhere on the Camino other than SdeC? There was, for a time, some sort of Spanish Anglican (!) parish in Pamplona, but it has shut down....

Occasional personal pipe dream: a traditional BCP Anglican chapel/albergue/aid station/whatever somewhere in Navarre or La Rioja. I may actually try and sell that idea to Provincial Synod some day, but long odds there! Money is tight! ... I know of no American ACC clergyman other than myself who has walked the Way.

Last edited:
@rappahannock_rev No, I don't know of any other initiative like this other than us in Santiago. But perhaps we should continue this discussion by PM? Forum rules and all! BC SY

... Money is tight! ...

I know what you speak about ;-) we are entirely self-funded ...

Any current Anglican presence/activity that any of you know of -- either traditional or "New Age"! -- anywhere on the Camino other than SdeC? There was, for a time, some sort of Spanish Anglican (!) parish in Pamplona, but it has shut down....

Occasional personal pipe dream: a traditional BCP Anglican chapel/albergue/aid station/whatever somewhere in Navarre or La Rioja. I may actually try and sell that idea to Provincial Synod some day, but long odds there! Money is tight! ... I know of no American ACC clergyman other than myself who has walked the Way.

There are IERE churches in Oviedo on the Primitivo, and Salamanca and Zamora on the de la Plata, as well as in Coruña and Saragossa on other routes. The CoE has chaplaincies in Barcelona and Madrid (as does the IERE)-- I think the CoE church in Bilbao is closed down. In Portugal in Oporto and Lisbon.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are IERE churches in Oviedo on the Primitivo, and Salamanca and Zamora on the de la Plata, as well as in Coruña and Saragossa on other routes. The CoE has chaplaincies in Barcelona and Madrid (as does the IERE)-- I think the CoE church in Bilbao is closed down. In Portugal in Oporto and Lisbon.
Can you provide further info about the church in Porto?

St. James Anglican in Porto-walkable from the old city center. Lovely St. James pilgrim window. We started our Portuguese Camino from there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

We are in SdC from Sept 28-Oct 2 and hope to be able to participate in planned gatherings. Let us know if there are any changes to the posted schedule of Anglican events.
Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/tourists-spanish-city-face-backlash-2952834?ito=copy-link_share_article-top the last few seasons I've been walking the VdlP and if this report is only half true...
Hello, I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2023 and have an opportunity (i.e. time) to do another one this May/June - although I only have ~4 weeks available. I'm thinking Norte...
Hi everyone, Pilgrim House Welcome Center opened on March 4 for the 2024 season. As always, the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) after your Camino. The Camino can be an emotional...
Hi, I am planning to finish my Camino July 20, but I was wondering if it is worth it to instead try to finish to see the holy day on July 25. Is it going to be super crowded on the 25th? I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back