• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another year - feeling jaded?

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hey .. so, we have had a few years of "not normal" to say the least. Even though a new year has begun - are you feeling jaded? Depressed? Stressed? Well, this video is about nature (and is funny) .. but is also Perfect for Camino thoughts and desires! - time for a 500 mile walk? don't you think?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Fun fact. I briefly worked with the young man in the video about 10 years ago. He owned a small business called "Soup Cycle" that delivered quarts of freshly made soup via bicycle, all over the city (Portland, OR).

Back to the camino. I'm SO ready for my next camino, planning on February 14th start date! ❤️

It's time to go through the spiritual, mental and physical carwash that is the Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
@David !

"Jaded" ? That is my natural state from working with the moneyed class....and tax authorities. So, 'same stuff, different day".

"Depressed" ? Nah, just tired, but thanks for asking.

"Stressed" ? Is there is ANYTHING going on in the world to be stressed about? (If the sun comes up in the West tomorrow, I reserve the right to change my mind. :p)

Currently renovating my home office area....because my wife also retired. After 45 years together, some "apartness" is required during the long winter days.

I had thought the project would take the time of a leisurely walk from Sarria to to Santiago. After dealing with fixing some wood butchery of the prior owner, and removing 30+ year wallpaper? The venture could occupy as much time as an amble from SJPP to Finisterre. So, that is my Camino for this year.

"Buen Camino" to all those with the opportunity to walk this year - - and all the best in 2023.

B

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back