• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anticipating the Caminho

M

Meldelcamino

I've mentioned elsewhere that Flight booked to Oporto 29th April and out of Santiago 14th May. Accommodation now booked for the first and last nights and hope to link up with other Forum Members at Cafe Tertulia on the evening of 13th - and hopefully, whilst on the Camino. Plan to start Matosinhos 30th April and have a final short stage from Miladoiro into Santiago on 13th May. Somewhat belatedly, restarted walking after a difficult 5 months but a little apprehensive about current state of fitness so hope my 13 day schedule (with three long days, but mostly 20kms or less per day and an 'extra' day in Pontevedra, will be 'doable'. Am now researching others' accommodation experiences along the coastal route - perhaps a mixture of Albergues and Hostals/Hotels via Officinas de Turismo and/or Booking.com app. Oh, and hope the Camina-A Guarda ferry will be running from Easter as Ivar has 'linked'. My Castellano isn't too bad: but need to swat-up on my Portugese. Hope to meet a few Forum Members along the way.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Where is Miladoiro ?
My wife and I arrive same day in Porto , follow the central route for 3 days and then will change to the coastal in Viana do Castelo .we will take the transbordador from Caminha to A Guarda too. We hope to arrive in Santiago 17th of May

Bom caminho

Where is Miladoiro ?
My wife and I arrive same day in Porto , follow the central route for 3 days and then will change to the coastal in Viana do Castelo .we will take the transbordador from Caminha to A Guarda too. We hope to arrive in Santiago 17th of May

Bom caminho
According to my research Albertinho, it's a town/village 6km S. of Santiago (on the Camino). I thought a leisurely stroll on the final day is preferable to arriving completely shattered and can then visit the Pilgrim Office/Cathedral with time to spare. By the way, I've found your many contributions to the Forum very informative and useful - so thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oops! think that should be Milladoiro on the N550.
you are welcome.. We travelled around Portugal a lot. Walking, caravaning .

Okay I see now where Milladoiro is. We did the same thing moreless in 2013. Stayed in Casalonga the last night before the grande finale and had a short walk into Santiago the next morning. One more question. Why stay one more day in Pontevedra ?
Why not in Vigo ? Much more interesting place !
We will have an extra day in Vigo ,Santiago and some days once we are back in Porto before we fly home.

you are welcome.. We travelled around Portugal a lot. Walking, caravaning .

Okay I see now where Milladoiro is. We did the same thing moreless in 2013. Stayed in Casalonga the last night before the grande finale and had a short walk into Santiago the next morning. One more question. Why stay one more day in Pontevedra ?
Why not in Vigo ? Much more interesting place !
We will have an extra day in Vigo ,Santiago and some days once we are back in Porto before we fly home.

Your advice noted, with thanks. So many interesting places en route I guess an 'extra night's' stop will also depend on what progress I'm making and the amount of rest I will need.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful people. I decided and chose Portuguese route for my first Camino. I’ll come from Kyiv to Paris, and then find a way to get to Porto. Maybe I’ll take a flight. I do my last...
Looking for segmenting advice on the Portuguese Costal between Porto and Vila do Conde. We originally considered starting in Matosinhos walking straight to Vila do Conde. That's ~23 KM. On paper...
Hi everyone, Just looking for some advice whether you think it would be better to start in Vigo or Tui? We have previously walked Sarria to Santiago in 5 days so hoping to do something similar...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back