• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hey Hey Hey! Deb's Back and Going on Caminho in Octubre!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Hey, friends! glad to be checking in and saying hi. It's been a long six years since I've been on Camino, and wow, I have missed it. 2020 was a sh*t show, 2021 was a cancer year, and 2022 was kind of messed up too, lol. BUT! there's always a happy ending if we look for it.
In 2022, I began writing professionally--in earnest--and I am now a publisher and doing very well. I'm not rolling in the dough, but I'm doing well enough so that I am now able to tear away and put myself in Porto. And I am excited, but a bit apprehensive!
I can't get COVID---I've had it, and it didn't go well, so I'm planning on a long flight with a mask on! And that's okay. It will make taking it off all the sweeter.
I'll fly into Porto and spend a night, perhaps two--as who needs to rush, right?--and then, I'll be pointing myself north---or who knows? I may change course and go to Lisbon and look around.
I've already got three Caminos under my belt, and know all about the long walks--which I love--but this time, I have to be a bit more gentle with myself.
Owing to the little health issue, I get worn out around mid day, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to find hotel rooms and crash around 2 PM each day.
My friend is walking the same route about a month earlier, and has given me his list of hotels. I know that will be helpful. Also, is it 'somewhat' easy to get transportation help if I need it? I am going to do what I can, but (cancer exhaustion still kicks my backside on occasion).

Love to all of you, my friends!

Deb

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Deb, Welcome back! Some of us are permanent fixtures on the forum, ready to welcome people back anytime! We're still here, but time hasn't stopped for us, either, even though we seem to pretend it has.
Keep pretending, I say! Oh, how I remember you, my friend! Your clever constructions, the wonderful little container you sent me, your kindness when the bed bugs kept me awake at night! I've got to say, I am delighted to be traveling soon again, but I have been 'bitten' a few times in the last years, so I am going to be cautious with myself! But wow, am I ready for an adventure!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey, friends! glad to be checking in and saying hi. It's been a long six years since I've been on Camino, and wow, I have missed it. 2020 was a sh*t show, 2021 was a cancer year, and 2022 was kind of messed up too, lol. BUT! there's always a happy ending if we look for it.
In 2022, I began writing professionally--in earnest--and I am now a publisher and doing very well. I'm not rolling in the dough, but I'm doing well enough so that I am now able to tear away and put myself in Porto. And I am excited, but a bit apprehensive!
I can't get COVID---I've had it, and it didn't go well, so I'm planning on a long flight with a mask on! And that's okay. It will make taking it off all the sweeter.
I'll fly into Porto and spend a night, perhaps two--as who needs to rush, right?--and then, I'll be pointing myself north---or who knows? I may change course and go to Lisbon and look around.
I've already got three Caminos under my belt, and know all about the long walks--which I love--but this time, I have to be a bit more gentle with myself.
Owing to the little health issue, I get worn out around mid day, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to find hotel rooms and crash around 2 PM each day.
My friend is walking the same route about a month earlier, and has given me his list of hotels. I know that will be helpful. Also, is it 'somewhat' easy to get transportation help if I need it? I am going to do what I can, but (cancer exhaustion still kicks my backside on occasion).

Deb

2020 was tough all over the world!

Glad both your health and finances are better.

Have a blast.

Bom caminho!

It's so good to see you back, @CaminoDebrita, and to hear a bit about your plans. I've never walked the Portuguese so can't help with your questions - but I can offer a heartfelt Buen Camino!

Never mind the passage of time! I hope to be walking long stages onto my dotage. Subjectivity long stages anyway - never mind the actual distance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Maybe we'll see you on CP. We're starting Oct 4th from Valenca. We're a trio from Australia, and USA, and all experienced some major health issues, so electing to do shorter more manageable legs, - (about 15km / day) and go easy. Just happy to be out there enjoying life and making new friends.

Buen Camino!

HI Deb, it is refreshing to read about your efforts to make your next Camino. I like your attitude of doing what you can, this is how I take it too.

Deb
I am planning to do the Portuguese Camino next year. Would you mind sharing the list of lodging that your friend gave you? I want to start researching transportation between towns too. I am sure many pilgrims in this forum will give us plenty of information.
Buen camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Deb
Heyyyyyy Deb! Nice to see you back!
I know exactly what you mean about pooping out mid-day. Covid kicked my butt in that regard and I feel like I've never regained my stamina so I'm in the "slow walker club" now.
Hope to see you on the trail sometime!
Annie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
HI Deb, it is refreshing to read about your efforts to make your next Camino. I like your attitude of doing what you can, this is how I take it too.

I am planning to do the Portuguese Camino next year. Would you mind sharing the list of lodging that your friend gave you? I want to start researching transportation between towns too. I am sure many pilgrims in this forum will give us plenty of information.
Buen camino.
soon, but not today! thanks for asking!

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back