• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Any past or future pilgrims in the Top End?

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra (Summer 2015); Levante-Invierno (Feb/Mar 2019);
England Camino routes ?2024
I'm based in Darwin and am always down for a conversation on all things Camino. Anyone want to meet for coffee?

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)
I'm based in Darwin and am always down for a conversation on all things Camino. Anyone want to meet for coffee?
thought for a minute the Top End was up here in Yurp! :) :) Good luck anyways! Had my first Covid jab yesterday and second due inside 12 weeks. The church is closed so cant do my 20 pence candle and the bookies is closed so cant do a humble bet to fund my camino but I CAN drink coffee and my new batch of Uruba and good red wine is coming on nicely. I totter along to the supermarket for necessities and that's my exercise. I do my nam myohs of an evening to speed the defeat of this wretched virus and am going to treat myself to David G's book on Pilgrimage. I intend to harangue God at least twice a day until I set foot in Iberia again :) Meet for coffee? Lets have a mental rave up with continental distancing!!

Yours in bedlam

Samarkand.

PS Buen Camino :)

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Frances 2013
Camino Frances to Finisterre/Muxia staring Sept. 2015,

Via de la Plata 2019
We are so blessed in the Top End. Only Covid cases are in a quarantine in ex workers camp and a very few in local hospital , mostly repatriated from Overseas .my heart goes out to the rest of the world.
Donna we will have to connect. I am in Bees Creek

Anamiri

Veteran Member
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
We can have coffee here, but no other Camino addicts to share it with

VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
If only! Fond memories of a unique city.
I left Darwin in October '73. The Fanny Bay house I lived in was obliterated 3 months later.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Frances 2019
I'll have to swim across The Ditch and then a wee bit more to Adelaide.

After that the Ghan all the way - I can't carry enough water to get between coffee stops after Adelaide.

Which year do you suggest?
Start swimming now and you may make it for next year. You will certainly deserve a Gold Class cabin on the Ghan after that!

Lexicos

Jimmy
It's tough for everyone.
It's a time when you need to be tougher than the rest.
We got so used to flying around.
It's time to invest in things close by.
And to enjoy things other than .....
Coffee sounds good. If only.
I've not been to the top end.
Maybe I'll walk up from the bottom end!

Myra Ramsay

MyraNT
SDJP to SDC 2016
Porto to SDC, Finisterre, Muxia, Camino Ingles 2017
Camino del Norte 2019?
Keen to catch up with others from the Top End who have walked the Camino. I have sent private messages - I hope I managed to do so - to Donna and Ellen Gotts. Maybe a time and place could be set on this thread. Feel we all probably have a Camino related T shirt to wear for identification. Hope we can make this happen. I live in Wanguri.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Robbian

Portuguese (2020) , Primitivo (2020)
Hi Donna, we would love to be part of a camino chat/coffee. We got to Singapore in March on our way to Spain and realised how serious things were when Changi was empty. Returning to Darwin on the next flight. Robyn and Ian of Coconut Grove

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra (Summer 2015); Levante-Invierno (Feb/Mar 2019);
England Camino routes ?2024
Foreshore Cafe in Nightcliff as a meet-up spot? What times do people suggest?

Robbian

Portuguese (2020) , Primitivo (2020)
Great.Foreshore suits us. We are out of town until the weekend. Our time is mostly flexible.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

camino07

Veteran Member
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Foreshore is a great choice. Suggest meeting Saturday afternoon. Over to you Donna.
I have a Camino friend who lives in Darwin and she is interested in joining you. Can you post what time and date you are meeting at the Foreshore café.

Myra Ramsay

MyraNT
SDJP to SDC 2016
Porto to SDC, Finisterre, Muxia, Camino Ingles 2017
Camino del Norte 2019?
Thanks for organising this catch up, Donna. Will wear a Camino shirt. Robin of Robbian, you will recognise me anyway. Five at the Foreshore sounds fine to me.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.