• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted Anyone want a 'free' kilt?? (free plus postage)

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi guys - does anyone want my kilt? It is standard 24 inch drop and sized 38-40 inches (measured round navel height) but I have lost so much weight in this last year that I now need a 32-34 !! (am I happy? Oh yes).

It is a working kilt, good quality PV - Poly-viscose blend - and the full 16oz and full 8 yards, so it is close-pleated at the rear and hangs and swings really well. Tartan is Scottish National.
Has some wear of course but many more years in it. A little pilling from sporran wear.

You would need to buy a belt and a kilt pin (a kilt pin pins to the outside material at the bottom of the fold over section on the right, not through, is merely there as a weight - if pinned right through will tear the kilt eventually).

Freebey - I don't want any money for it but would like the postage covered.
UK - £6.50
EU - £12
Rest of World - £18.50
I do not ship interplanetary, sorry.

I can take postage payment via Paypal

Photos below - message me if you would like it!!

kilt 1.jpgkilt 2.jpgkilt 3.jpgkilt 4.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Now thats a sexy kilt . Congratulations on loosing weight .. I hope to follow your lead .
So what it’s your secret ? inquiring minds will likely you want to know ;):p.
Getting serious now before my next camino ...my knees are grumbling again. Being on crutches are not helping o_O

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Now thats a sexy kilt . Congratulations on loosing weight .. I hope to follow your lead .
So what it’s your secret ? inquiring minds will likely you want to know ;):p.
Getting serious now before my next camino ...my knees are grumbling again. Being on crutches are not helping o_O

I sold my house and moved into a motorhome until I found somewhere else so was eating smaller meals and not grazing in the kitchen all the time .. eventually just went down to a fat-meat diet really, plus dairy (and red wine and chocolate!).
and I thought that was why - but what I didn't know is that when I was treated for Lyme's. although they cured it I developed Post Lymes and had that for six months or so, if not longer. Symptoms are exhaustion, irritabilty, headaches, joint aches, etc - but mainly - Loss of appetite!!
So get yourself tic-bit and you will be on your way ;).

But really, all anyone has to do to lose weight is to give up wheat (and sugar) - all the grasses really, wheat, rice, etc. But if you remove wheat from your diet you will find that you are only eating meat, fish, dairy, veg, and fruit (Red wine is one of your five a day!). This does mean no packaged food as it is hidden in everything, but it also means you will be cooking fresh meals. Enjoy! - oh, and energy increases and joint ache disappears too if you are sensitive to wheat, as many are.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I sold my house and moved into a motorhome until I found somewhere else so was eating smaller meals and not grazing in the kitchen all the time .. eventually just went down to a fat-meat diet really, plus dairy (and red wine and chocolate!).
and I thought that was why - but what I didn't know is that when I was treated for Lyme's. although they cured it I developed Post Lymes and had that for six months or so, if not longer. Symptoms are exhaustion, irritabilty, headaches, joint aches, etc - but mainly - Loss of appetite!!
So get yourself tic-bit and you will be on your way ;).

But really, all anyone has to do to lose weight is to give up wheat (and sugar) - all the grasses really, wheat, rice, etc. But if you remove wheat from your diet you will find that you are only eating meat, fish, dairy, veg, and fruit (Red wine is one of your five a day!). This does mean no packaged food as it is hidden in everything, but it also means you will be cooking fresh meals. Enjoy! - oh, and energy increases and joint ache disappears too if you are sensitive to wheat, as many are.
I have just bought a GPS watch that has the heartrate and all that on it and I am on your way. I am not an eater my problem is I need to eat more often that and medical issues....but that never stopped me before. Being on crutches is slowing me down a bit the moment 8 months since my last camino one issue or another Well I am happy you are feeling better and things are moving along.

Last edited:
But really, all anyone has to do to lose weight is to give up wheat (and sugar) - all the grasses really, wheat, rice, etc.
I like bread too much to try but a neighbor who has been a long term vegetarian who lost lots of weight and stabilized dropped lots more after giving up wheat too.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I like bread too much to try but a neighbor who has been a long term vegetarian who lost lots of weight and stabilized dropped lots more after giving up wheat too.
I am allergic to whole wheat so can’t eat it anyway. I am also allergic to eggs and preservatives. I am careful what I eat. ....been on crutches so I am limited in mobility so my options were left up to diet.

I Stick to getting carbs from leafy green and veggies stay away from refined sugar , carbs, heavy starches is a solid plan...go easy on the fruit which lots of sugar. Stick to lean meats and fish, protein shakes, Snack on nuts and seeds.

I'm glad your kilt has found a new home, I wish that I'd seen your post sooner. A PV kilt is better suited to the hot Southern California desert summers than the standard heavy wool.

I'm glad your kilt has found a new home, I wish that I'd seen your post sooner. A PV kilt is better suited to the hot Southern California desert summers than the standard heavy wool.
Aw! You sound so disappointed...if you search for ‘used ... ‘, a kilt is so particular you could strike lucky, including finding someone willing to post.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi guys - does anyone want my kilt? It is standard 24 inch drop and sized 38-40 inches (measured round navel height) but I have lost so much weight in this last year that I now need a 32-34 !! (am I happy? Oh yes).

It is a working kilt, good quality PV - Poly-viscose blend - and the full 16oz and full 8 yards, so it is close-pleated at the rear and hangs and swings really well. Tartan is Scottish National.
Has some wear of course but many more years in it. A little pilling from sporran wear.

You would need to buy a belt and a kilt pin (a kilt pin pins to the outside material at the bottom of the fold over section on the right, not through, is merely there as a weight - if pinned right through will tear the kilt eventually).

Freebey - I don't want any money for it but would like the postage covered.
UK - £6.50
EU - £12
Rest of World - £18.50
I do not ship interplanetary, sorry.

I can take postage payment via Paypal

Photos below - message me if you would like it!!

View attachment 51457View attachment 51458View attachment 51459View attachment 51460
Yes I am interested in it. How do I pay you? I am in the USA. Please reply soon!
Barbara Blair
246 Woods Hole Road
Falmouth MA 02540

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dateline: Pamplona, 4 September 2015

A Forum 'Paparazzo' who I'm well acquainted with, spotted David, wearing said kilt, catching up with fellow Forum member St Mike II at a cool tapas bar in Pamplona's old town in September 2015. David was in Pamplona on one of his first aid caminos and Mike was about to start his bike camino to Santiago.

Here's the photo - uploaded with the kind permission of both lads :

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Hi David, sorry we may not see you in kilt soon. It’s like leather pants some grow up with it and they work for them, that kilt worked for you not sure about the nut face😉. Like the leather pants they are short so one can change wet stockings after walking and working in the fields. Plus they come from an old time for manly man. 🤓 great sharing that with us.

I just rediscovered this post. Well done, David. Are you still in a motor home? If I had no other commitments, that could very well appeal to me. A feel streets from where I live, there is a tiny little object in a driveway, and I recognise it as a kind of caravan attachment, definitely for one person. It could be described as a hub. Gosh, I would love to just take off... however, my life is a bit more tied down and the balloons can't fly, yet!
As for kilts, I saw a good few over the last couple of days in my native land. just around the airports, though, so maybe there was something on, as it is not 'normal' for most folk, usually for formal or special event occasions.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.