Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Unique engravings about the Camino de Santiago from Gabriel and other art objects.

Anyone want to join me in 2021

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Icacos

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
I'm planning to walk from Vezelay all the way to Santiago at some point this year, departing late Spring, early Summer

If interested, please email me: benettf AT protonmail DOT com
Welcome to the forum @benettf. There is no indication as to where you live, but please know that during these Covid times, travel to Spain, or anywhere else for that matter, is being severely discouraged, if not altogether prohibited. There are numerous threads on the forum that deal with this. Please feel free to join in on the other threads; there are many of us who are longing to get back on the camino.

Also, it is advised that we do not post our personal email address on an open forum; you may want to remove your email address from this thread.

Cheers, keep well a d stay safe.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
If you look at the details of the OP you see that he/ she is from Lorraine in France. Making the walk from Vezelay more possible.
This is why I wish that everyone listed what country they live in on the profile. It can often help answer their questions.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
This is why I wish that everyone listed what country they live in on the profile. It can often help answer their questions.
I agree! It seems approximately half of forum members do not list their country or the state they live in.

kayagee66

Camino Frances (2016)
Le Puy - Roncesvalles (2016)
Figeac - Cahors (2017)
Stevenson Trail (2018
Missed that. I think if he/she had written ‘Lorraine’ instead of ‘lorraine’ I would have cottoned on. 😊 Silly me.
what did you think it meant with a lower case L that you wouldn’t have thought with an upper case?

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
I'm planning to walk from Vezelay all the way to Santiago at some point this year, departing late Spring, early Summer

If interested, please PM me
Wish I could join you... someday I'd like to visit the Lorraine region. The Eckensweiller wing of my family hail from there.
Buen Camino

filly

I did it last year starting on 6 September and finished at the end of October.

I took the Bourges route rather than via Nevers.

I subsequently took the Périgueux to Bergerac route.

I used the Miam Miam Dodo guide in France. Some wonderful Christian private accommodation with warm welcome. Book ahead as many establishments were closed, especially municipal.

Somewhere on this site is my blog...

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino Frances (2013)
what did you think it meant with a lower case L that you wouldn’t have thought with an upper case?
🤣 i should have said, “i like to think if he/she had written ‘Lorraine’ instead of ‘lorraine‘ i might have cottoned on” but i can’t be sure. in these covid times i would be grateful to think straight once In a while rather than just sideways.

Last edited:
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

john newman

Kiwi Member
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
I loved the southern variant through Nevers 2019. Did it in spring, it was lovely. Bon Chemin
John

john newman

Kiwi Member
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
Just thinking about it a bit more, you may be better off trying French, German or Dutch language forums. Not many English speakers on the Vézelay route. Most are from the lowlands, I think.
John

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
Just thinking about it a bit more, you may be better off trying French, German or Dutch language forums. Not many English speakers on the Vézelay route. Most are from the lowlands, I think.
John

I can only speak for the Dutch and Flemish confraternities and they do not invest much in the search engine part/ interactive online communication. In normal times they organise regional gatherings for sharing information.
This forum is still the best way to get decent information!

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
I would simply love to do this, but alas, so far I can't even leave Australia, let alone walk in France. Keep on the forum @benettf and let us be armchair travellers with you!
At the moment Kanga ie 4/4/21 no one within France can walk either. The country is in total lockdown until May 6. We can only exercise or move about within 10 km of home.

Read more in this BBC reportage

Last edited:
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Ah yes, I recall something on the news yesterday. Nothing can rob France of its beauty at this time of year, but it is terrible that people are still getting sick. Take care.

jrewins

Camino bound from California ground!
Go to your account details and you will find the details.
Good suggestio, but I’ve looked in my profile and cannot find a place to input my location. Can you be more specific? I agree that it would be of interest to all to know where we are coming from (literally!).

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
Good suggestio, but I’ve looked in my profile and cannot find a place to input my location. Can you be more specific? I agree that it would be of interest to all to know where we are coming from (literally!).

Account details..then scroll to section under date of birth etcetera and then you will find Location.
Not able to make a printscreen right now but you should be able to find it quickly.

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino Frances (2013)
Account details..then scroll to section under date of birth etcetera and then you will find Location.
Not able to make a printscreen right now but you should be able to find it quickly.
I’ve got my location listed, but I still had to search to see how I had done it. Click on your avatar up at the top right; you will see the drop down menu, then select account details. 😊

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Raggy

Veteran Member
2017, 2018, 2019
Oh.... I wish I could. If only. 😞
Can’t leave the country.
Enjoy.
Soon you will be able to travel to any foreign destination that you like ... as long as it's New Zealand.

By the way - Gotta love the quote from "Cover More" insurance company in that story. I've got a slogan for them: "Cover More. We've got you covered - except for the thing that most concerns you."

Last edited:

Lexicos

Jimmy
Don’t get me started on insurance Raggy.
Yea, NZ, never been. I think I’ll wait it out until the borders really open. I could have walked to Europe, all this time!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads