• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

App for find Trails from Le puy Valley to Cahors

Sanjayan

I am trying to find a Mobile App that can help me find trails from Le puy Valley to Cahors. Would appreciate good advice and guidance.

Cabins hosting up to 7, gluten free and vegan, heated saltwater pool. Fisterra-Muxia
I used the mapping app... maps.me. And downloaded the GPS tracks from Gronze. I'm sure other mapping apps would work well. The GPS tracks were very accurate.

If it helps... I put these instructions together for my sisters last year (they're for iPhone). My sisters walked the last three two stages of Le Puy and first 15 stages or so of the Frances. So skip the steps about Spain and instead of loading “Pyrenees-Atlantiques” load the sections near the Le Puy and Cahors. (I can't recall what those are called offhand.)

I can't promise that these instructions aren't out of date, but they should be close.

I think you could use Google maps or some other map app as well.

Good luck.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Most of the various Camino apps have an online map if the route. I have been using Buen Camino - it’s simple and it works.

Most of the navigation apps that show trails use underlying maps based off of the Open Street Map (OSM) crowd sourced project. Most will also allow you to download these maps for offline use. The apps may display map features differently and have different ways to perform the same action though. Too many allow only one format to be used for displaying downloaded tracks (i.e., .gpx or the two keyhole markup language ones, .kml and .kmz).

You can examine various OSM maps for locations at https://openstreetmap.org

I downloaded the Wise Pilgrim app called 'Podiensis' but didn't end up needing it very often.

In case you're asking out of concern - I found the trail very well marked and easy to follow between Le Puy en Velay and Cahors.

Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
I used the mapping app... maps.me. And downloaded the GPS tracks from Gronze. I'm sure other mapping apps would work well. The GPS tracks were very accurate.

If it helps... I put these instructions together for my sisters last year (they're for iPhone). My sisters walked the last three two stages of Le Puy and first 15 stages or so of the Frances. So skip the steps about Spain and instead of loading “Pyrenees-Atlantiques” load the sections near the Le Puy and Cahors. (I can't recall what those are called offhand.)

I can't promise that these instructions aren't out of date, but they should be close.

I think you could use Google maps or some other map app as well.

Good luck.
Thank you BillW

Most read last week in this forum

I was going to walk the Le Puy but the videos I am seeing on youtube make me think that its 99% seniors. Not that there's anything wrong with seniors but being the token 'young person' gets old...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back