• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 3, 2017 Start in SJPP

Sr.Bigote

Fifth Camino planned for 2023!
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF, 2017 CNorte, Prima, 2023 Portuguese
Just booked airline tickets to arrive in Madrid on April 2, 2017. Hope to start in SJPP on April 3, 2017. Looking forward to the experience and meeting those of you starting around this date. Let me know if our paths will likely cross!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Fantastic! It's like saying you are engaged to be married, but you haven't set the date.
Congrats...and welcome to the Camino family.
Don't forget to check with the Pilgrim's office for the weather.
Buen Camino
Arn

Fantastic! It's like saying you are engaged to be married, but you haven't set the date.
Congrats...and welcome to the Camino family.
Don't forget to check with the Pilgrim's office for the weather.
Buen Camino
Arn
it's more like he's set the date, he's now working on the guest list;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just booked airline tickets to arrive in Madrid on April 2, 2017. Hope to start in SJPP on April 3, 2017. Looking forward to the experience and meeting those of you starting around this date. Let me know if our paths will likely cross!

I also booked to arrive in Madrid on 2 April 2017. Flying in from Namibia. How are you getting to SJPdP from Madrid to be able to start the walk on the 3rd? Flying to Biarritz and then taking the train? I also want to start as soon as possible after arriving in Madrid.

I also booked to arrive in Madrid on 2 April 2017. Flying in from Namibia. How are you getting to SJPdP from Madrid to be able to start the walk on the 3rd? Flying to Biarritz and then taking the train? I also want to start as soon as possible after arriving in Madrid.

I arrive in Madrid at 1240 pm and will consider the train to Pamplona. Then, perhaps taxi, if I can connect with other peregrinos (if not, maybe by bus?). It may be that is too late arriving in SPPdP for hotels and April 2 is a Sunday, but I have not thought beyond Pamplona. Are you interested in connecting in MAD and traveling together?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I arrive in Madrid at 1240 pm and will consider the train to Pamplona. Then, perhaps taxi, if I can connect with other peregrinos (if not, maybe by bus?). It may be that is too late arriving in SPPdP for hotels and April 2 is a Sunday, but I have not thought beyond Pamplona. Are you interested in connecting in MAD and traveling together?

Seems like most people take a bus to Pampola. Will look into that. My flight lands 8am that morning. Was thinking of spending the day in Madrid and then to travel on the Sunday. A lot of people talking about snow and i was expecting the firts days of summer that time . A bit nervous now, but i want to walk in april as I am planning to spend May in Italy. Open to traveling together. Will get back to you.

We drove a rental car from Madrid to Pamplona last year. About $70 USD. It was better because we could take our time to Pamplona. Then a taxi to SJPdP.

They say the quickest way is to fly to biarritz, so I am thinking of taking a flight on the 2nd to Biarritz so that I will be a quick train ride away on Monday. On Monday i want to go straight to the pilgrims office and then start the walk same day, hoping there will be enough time as I see one needs to cross the Pyrenees moutains in the first day.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
They say the quickest way is to fly to biarritz, so I am thinking of taking a flight on the 2nd to Biarritz so that I will be a quick train ride away on Monday. On Monday i want to go straight to the pilgrims office and then start the walk same day, hoping there will be enough time as I see one needs to cross the Pyrenees moutains in the first day.
Have you checked into flight times and costs? I would fly if it is not too expensive . . . . just assumed a "flight + train" would not save much time and be more costly. Who are you contacting relative to flights? I only see an Iberia flight at 12:35, which I cannot connect to.

Only airline i see for that flight is Iberia for 57 euro and then 11 euro by train from Biarritz

Only airline i see for that flight is Iberia for 57 euro and then 11 euro by train from Biarritz
Unfortunately, I cannot make the departure time for that connection (at least now). I will keep monitoring. Stay in touch as you work on details.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My dates have changed and I hope to start on April 3. So excited to get back on the Camino!

Hi Sr Bigote, I am new at this so I think I replied to you on wrong link. Anyways I too plan to start on April 3,2017 from SJPP so look forward to meeting you. I will be coming from Paris.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Sr Bigote, I am new at this so I think I replied to you on wrong link. Anyways I too plan to start on April 3,2017 from SJPP so look forward to meeting you. I will be coming from Paris.

I am not sure, but I intended to invite you to a "conversation" (it should show up in your inbox). That will be a smaller group of people (only about 5 right now, but will increase in number, I am sure) who are setting out from SJPP during the the first few days of April . . . .I will double check to make sure you are on the list . . . but expect news from that smaller group, as we get going.

I am not sure, but I intended to invite you to a "conversation" (it should show up in your inbox). That will be a smaller group of people (only about 5 right now, but will increase in number, I am sure) who are setting out from SJPP during the the first few days of April . . . .I will double check to make sure you are on the list . . . but expect news from that smaller group, as we get going.
Thanks for letting me know how it works. I will look for my inbox, I agree with you, better to keep a smaller number of people who have similar plans and dates for traveling. I have some flexibility as I arrive in Paris on March 30th morning as when to start, but will be between April 1-3. Please add me to the list if I am not on it yet.

I fly out tomorrow but am getting a train to Lourdes and setting off from there on Saturday or Sunday to SJPP - taking a fairly slow pace to ease into it so hoping to reach St Jean around 2nd/3rd April for a rest day... my girlfriend is meeting me in pamplona on the 7th so there is a good chance our paths may cross... I will be wearing red and black trousers and a cowboy hat! As I am in my profile picture! Buen Camino in advance and if it is so, then in person!! Have an amazing time!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Me too. Looking forward to meet you. Buen Camino

Hi :) i am a new member - from norway this is my first el Camino. I arrive by train from Bordeaux - SJPP at appr 12-13. I have not decide i will start from SJPP Or Roncesvalles. The weater decide my first day. How do i get to Roncesvalles from SJPP? By taxi/ buss?
Yes the Orrison have not open yet when i send them a recevation.
I hope to meet some of you on my way.
I count down the days and can not wait to start my adventure of life.
Me too. Looking forward to meet you. Buen Camino

See you soon ;)

I arrive into SJPDP on 4th April-hoping to start 5th!!! I might meet you somewhere along the way! Buen Camino! Dani, x

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just wondering could you add me to this list please??? Dani x

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back