• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving Biarritz/Bayonne on April 28 Getting to SJPDP

SRM

Time of past OR future Camino
Walk Camino in May (2015)
I am arriving by train in Biarritz/Bayonne about 4:00 pm on April 28th. I have reservations for the night in SJPDP and want to continue there on the 28th. Anyone arriving about the same time that would want to share transport with me. I think there is a van available for hire that will hold eight for $120 Euro.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I believe the train from Bayonne to St Jean leaves at about 6:00pm, arriving an hour and a half later.

I believe the train from Bayonne to St Jean leaves at about 6:00pm, arriving an hour and a half later.
Thank you, I hadn't been able to find/understand the schedule to SJPDP. I had also seen where there was a problem with the tracks between the two cities so I didn't know if if private transport would be the best option. If the tracks are open I would prefer the train and that should get me there in plenty of time for my reservation. Thank you again for the help. Stephen Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you, I hadn't been able to find/understand the schedule to SJPDP. I had also seen where there was a problem with the tracks between the two cities so I didn't know if if private transport would be the best option. If the tracks are open I would prefer the train and that should get me there in plenty of time for my reservation. Thank you again for the help. Stephen Buen Camino

Does anyone know if the track is now open?

I too arrive on the 28th of April coming from a few days in Bordeaux I have not booked anything yet maybe I should . I will see you on the 29th along the path somewhere :)

Why bother - there's a direct train from Bayonne. At least, there used to be. Google satellite view seems to still show it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For now, there exist the combination of train/bus from Bayonne to SJPdP due to work on rail. The ticket purchased at the train station in Bayonne also covers the transfer to the bus. This is a beautiful ride at about 11euro. Maybe takes an hour and a half. Have read only good reports of train/bus way.

You will have an incredible journey right from the start.

Simeon

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I too arrive on the 28th of April coming from a few days in Bordeaux I have not booked anything yet maybe I should . I will see you on the 29th along the path somewhere :)
I am going to pick up a few things in SJPDP that I can't fly with and get some food on the 29th. Also want to check weather so I can go Napoleon route if possible. I have room booked the 29th also just in case I need it. I have been hoping to meet some people to start the journey with the first day. Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...
Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.