• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Auberge du Pelerin

Sarahandlouise

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2013
We have just spent a wonderful first night in SJPdP at Auberge du Pelerin at 25rue de la Citadelle just a few doors down from the pilgrim office. The rooms were spotlessly clean and warm so we had the perfect first night before our journey begins.
The owner Daniele can be contacted +33 6 89 31 96 10 or e mail daniele@aubergedupelerin.com
sarah and Louise

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, I agree! I stayed at the Auberge du Pelerin last September (2012) A really wonderful experience and the evening spent in the company of new pilgrims set a lovely tone for the start of my camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am booked to stay at Auberge du Pelerin for two nights (April 29 & 30) on my arrival, I am happy to hear such positive reviews. I will commence walking on May 1. I will only go to Orrison on the first day and stay at the refuge there the night of May 1. After that I will trust my journey to unfold as it may. I am traveling from Canada and want to allow some time to overcome jet lag and I want take it easy for the first week or so. If anyone else is commencing their Camino at this time and staying at Auberge de Pelerin or Refuge Orrison on these dates I would love to hear from you. I depart home for Paris next Sunday, April 28. Buen Camino.

Thanks for the info. I am planning on just winging it when we get to St Jean. I know the very popular hostal is already booked for the night we arrive so I am hoping we have a lot more options.

We are booking a night in Orrison though.

Most read last week in this forum

Round the corner and up the hill from the Pilgrims Office in Santiago, about 50m away, is the Faculty of Medicine's huge cafeteria that must be able to seat between 200 and 300 people. They have a...
In 2018, I completed my first Camino de Santiago. Those 34 days were magical, filled with stunning landscapes and connections with fellow pilgrims from around the world. What was meant to be a...
Well sorry for the long absence! I dropped offline and into Camino life and can't wait to go back (but unfortunately it won't be soon)! I won't say the Camino was an easy experience for me, or...
Hi all. I will be walking the Camino Frances in September ( I started in Le Puy in 2022 and will “finish” this year!) and hope to stay at the ALBERGUE Peregrinos Ribadiso around September 21. I’m...
If you take the route to Ventosa after Navarette there is a brand new bar/cafe I highly recommend. They've been open 4 days as of today June 12 . A local bee keeper started it and it is great...
Anyone know if Albergue de San Roque, in Villambistia is open? Wise Pilgrim stars it may be closed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.