• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Availability of 35mm film?

ejg1890

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept-Oct 2023
For many this may appear to be a ridiculous question, but I am photography hobbyist who plans to walk the CF September into early October. Now I dont plan to bring any of my large cameras or lenses, but only my iPhone and a P&S film camera. I also plan to bring some 35mm film. However, the question is do any of the ā€œlargerā€ towns have locations to purchase 35mm film. Iā€™m sure most dont even notice anything like this but any feedback from other hobbyists would be appreciated. Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Itā€™s available here in Santiago, so I would imagine that it can be found in larger cities along the way.

Fotoprix is a chain and they have many locations. They sell 35mm (carretes) rolls.

But do yourself a favor and bring enough to get you going. And know that outside of Madrid your options for film stock will be very limited, think Kodak Gold and a Fuji alternative.

Itā€™s available here in Santiago, so I would imagine that it can be found in larger cities along the way.

Fotoprix is a chain and they have many locations. They sell 35mm (carretes) rolls.

But do yourself a favor and bring enough to get you going. And know that outside of Madrid your options for film stock will be very limited, think Kodak Gold and a Fuji alternative.
I also use 35mm film, and agree the easiest route (ha ha) is to bring adequate film with you. Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

ā‚¬60,-
I'm sure you can find film in Burgos and Leon. And I'm sure in Spain film photography is every bit in vogue like it is here now so shouldn't be too hard. I would think however that since film is light and relatively compact that taking enough for the trip would be better. I doubt you'll find 36 exposure rolls easily and buying it here will probably be far cheaper.

Fotoprix is a chain and they have many locations. They sell 35mm (carretes) rolls
Very helpful to have the name of a store to look for. Here's their webpage with store locations

In addition to Burgos and LeĆ³n, if you click Navarra You Will see that they also have stores in Pamplona and Estella. And the stores in LogroƱo are listed under La Rioja.

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesnā€™t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...
Hello beautiful community; Iā€™m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) Iā€™ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Hereā€™s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.