• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Average days for entire CF

Humbertico

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan 2018
My and and I have calculated 35 days for the CF. We are 62 and in good health. We start mid Sept. We like to get Peregrinos feedback who have done the CF to let us know if this is reasonable and doable in this time frame. Gracias! Humbertico

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My and and I have calculated 35 days for the CF. We are 62 and in good health. We start mid Sept. We like to get Peregrinos feedback who have done the CF to let us know if this is reasonable and doable in this time frame. Gracias! Humbertico

It is not unreasonable. How many miles have you walked during a day with a loaded pack while trekking, walking or hiking ? Can you do that number repeatedly over 35 days. Does the 35 days include rest days? Does it include a buffer in case you need to recover from a bit of illness, blisters, knee pain, etc?

Rest days are at your discretion and are not required, and it is always good to allow some "padding" in the event of the unexpected, but 35 days is a fair number. The only sure way to know is when you arrive in Santiago de Compostela. :)

It is not unreasonable. How many miles have you walked during a day with a loaded pack while trekking, walking or hiking ? Can you do that number repeatedly over 35 days. Does the 35 days include rest days? Does it include a buffer in case you need to recover from a bit of illness, blisters, knee pain, etc?

Rest days are at your discretion and are not required, and it is always good to allow some "padding" in the event of the unexpected, but 35 days is a fair number. The only sure way to know is when you arrive in Santiago de Compostela. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I did the CF in 35 day’s nice and easy . No rest day’s .

Wish you well and Buen Camino , Peter .

I am a Boston Marathoner and 82nd Airborne Vet. I am just looking at average days to complete it. Endurance not an issue.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For my first Camino I walked from SJPDP to Finisterre in 35 days. And considering that the most popular guide book has 33 stages, I'd say that's probably a pretty average pace.

I'm no athlete and found 30 days very doable, so health permitting 35 should be well within reach.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

Should be fine. We took 34 with 2 rest days. Next time (careful because the Camino is addictive!) we will have short walking days rather than rest days as we found that they interrupted our rhythm.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Should be fine. We took 34 with 2 rest days. Next time (careful because the Camino is addictive!) we will have short walking days rather than rest days as we found that they interrupted our rhythm.
Gracias Peregrino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In theory mid Sept should be reasonable weather, and you should make pretty good progress (no snow, mud, giant puddles etc ), I started on 1 Sept and we got quite settled weather. You wont do the same kms exactly each day due to the spacing of villages, but a lot of people seem to take 30-36 days, and many of us are not spring chickens. I took 33 days with a rest day in Burgos and Leon. I'd have liked to have added two more through Galecia as I loved that region and would simply have liked to spend more time there, especially in the mountains.

Walking is the curse of the drinking class....

If/when I do the camino again, I want to stop and smell the roses - maybe up to 45 days SJPP tp SdC

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My husband and I completed the CF in 2010, in 35 days including 2 days rest. We were 56 and 59 years old. Buen Camino!

If the distance SJPdP to SdC is something like 770km (please, let’s not start a debate on the precision of this number...), then to complete it in 35 days of walking averages out at about 22km per day.
Assuming a cruising speed of about 4km per hour, that equates to about 5.5 hours per day of walking.
If we add in another 2.5 hours for coffee stops, 2nd breakfast, lunch, photos, water-bottle filling, bladder emptying, etc., that makes about 8 hours total per day.
If we start walking about 7:30am (again, no debate please), then that should get us finished by about 3:30pm - plenty of time to get booked in, washed up, and vino in hand...
Although, a few rest days, or even half distance days would give the feet & body a little chance to recover a bit...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
John Brierely sets 33 days as the recommended duration in his popular guide book. But that was an artificial value, set by him to equal the number of years Jesus Christ lived on Earth.

I have done it twice, Taking 36 and 35 days. While I did follow JB’s stages I added rest days at Burgos, Leon & Astorga.

I suggest that 35 Is an adequate number, and doable. But do consider allowing for second night stays at some of the places with more to do and see.

Hope this helps.

Hello! I am so excited for the two of you. :) I walked the CF in 34 days this includes one rest day. I am female and in my 50's. My rest day came at day 21. Even though I gave myself plenty of time to walk, I didn't plan any rest days, I just listened to my body. I didn't do too much training and made it through. I got stronger as the days marched on. You're going to have the time of your life. Trust in the arrows and don't stop walking.:)

Should be no problem. My wife and I did the CF in 35 days (including two rest days - Bergos and Leon) and twice; once at 63 and 65, and once at 66 and 68. We were in reasonable condition, but not marathoners. Averaging 22 or so km per day is a very reasonable pace.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm certain you can do it, but why? Are you short on time?

35 days is a good and reasonable pace and time frame to walk it.
You will notice most pilgrims walk it in 32-35 days it seems.

Celebrating my 75th birthday was part of my 31-day trek to Santiago. There were quite a few people in my "wave" on the Camino that took about 31 days. If you are in shape and have your feet figured out, 35 days will be plenty of time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back