• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back to the Camino Portuguese

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked the Francs mid sept 2014, Portuguese from Porto March 2016 and will do the Portuguese again April 2017
I only have just over a week to fit in my walk but with the flights from the UK costing £25 each way. i had to do it again. this is the second year i will walk the portuguese. I start at porto March 27th and should be in santiago for April 4th.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good on ya mate. Keep the spirit alive!

Will you be doing the coastal route at all? I'm out that way again myself in May! (cheap flights with Easyjet to Lisbon) and will be walking the coastal route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Have a wonderful time. That was a route I had hoped to walk at that exact time. But my feet had other feelings. (Literally). Buen Camino!

When are you starting? I'm starting May 8, and so far I haven't found anyone else around that time!

Hi Sarah.

I'm flying into Lisbon on May 1st. I have just over 6 weeks before I have to be back in Porto for my return flight so between then I'm hoping to reach Finisterre via Santiago (of course!) and spend some extra days in Ponte De Lima and Camina as well if possible.

Where is your starting point Sarah? My only concern this time is that maybe it might be a little colder during the nights and a little wetter during the days due to the time of year. Last time I didn't pack at all for cold/wet weather as I walked in late June through July. Yet this year I feel it may be a different story!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
All right you two wild things! (Suzanne and Playful D.) Leave some Camino for me! I will be there in August, and depending on the information I get I may do the Lisbon-Porto-Santiago route also, rather than the Frances again. Can you post a little and let me know if there are places I just have to see and people that I just have to meet and a path that just begs to be walked?
I walk half-stages, so if you come across a day that cannot be broken down please let me know.
Buen Camino guys!

A
All right you two wild things! (Suzanne and Playful D.) Leave some Camino for me! I will be there in August, and depending on the information I get I may do the Lisbon-Porto-Santiago route also, rather than the Frances again. Can you post a little and let me know if there are places I just have to see and people that I just have to meet and a path that just begs to be walked?
I walk half-stages, so if you come across a day that cannot be broken down please let me know.
Buen Camino guys!

Absolutely! I'm curious about those long, albeit lovely, days myself!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Sarah.

I'm flying into Lisbon on May 1st. I have just over 6 weeks before I have to be back in Porto for my return flight so between then I'm hoping to reach Finisterre via Santiago (of course!) and spend some extra days in Ponte De Lima and Camina as well if possible.

Where is your starting point Sarah? My only concern this time is that maybe it might be a little colder during the nights and a little wetter during the days due to the time of year. Last time I didn't pack at all for cold/wet weather as I walked in late June through July. Yet this year I feel it may be a different story!
I arrive in Porto on May 6th evening and start walking on the 8th. I have three weeks, I plan to also go to Finesterre/Muxia. As this is my first Camino, I think I have a bit of wiggle room on my time, if I should need a rest day or find myself unable to pass through a town without exploring more! I am hoping to spend my birthday in Santiago on the 19th, too.

As far as the weather goes, Porto seems very similar to where I live in CA, which is great for my "training". I'd rather be cool than too warm! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I will be testing my rain gear. The weather is one of the main reasons I chose May for my walk!

I arrive in Porto on May 6th evening and start walking on the 8th. I have three weeks, I plan to also go to Finesterre/Muxia. As this is my first Camino, I think I have a bit of wiggle room on my time, if I should need a rest day or find myself unable to pass through a town without exploring more! I am hoping to spend my birthday in Santiago on the 19th, too.

As far as the weather goes, Porto seems very similar to where I live in CA, which is great for my "training". I'd rather be cool than too warm! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I will be testing my rain gear. The weather is one of the main reasons I chose May for my walk!

Buem Camino,

Chris

Good on ya mate. Keep the spirit alive!

Will you be doing the coastal route at all? I'm out that way again myself in May! (cheap flights with Easyjet to Lisbon) and will be walking the coastal route.
I really wish I had time to walk the coastal route. My very good Camino friend loves it, but it's 30km further and I only have 7 days. :-(. But in May you will have a great wallk

Chris

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Anyone walking in July? I leave Porto July 12 and walking Coastal to Caminho then cutting inland to Tui and then up to Santiago, Finisterre and hopefully Muxia. Have 13 days walking

Hi Sarah.

I am embarking on my first camino in July from Lisbon and would appreciate any advice that you may have reading packing -I have heard that there are no rain gear necessary...

*regarding packing...also I purchased bedbug sheets but heard that was unnecessary..

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Susilyn

I am in Lisbon June 30- July 4 and then travelling north with my husband I start my Camino Porto July 12 so maybe I might see you

Cathy

I am embarking on my first camino in July from Lisbon and would appreciate any advice that you may have reading packing -I have heard that there are no rain gear necessary...
No rain gear? Where did you hear that? It doesn't need to be fancy, but a poncho that covers your pack is a must. I used mine many times over the three weeks I walked!

Susilyn

I am in Lisbon June 30- July 4 and then travelling north with my husband I start my Camino Porto July 12 so maybe I might see you

Cathy

Dear Cathy,
Hopefully we will bump into eachother &. If all goes well, I too will be in Porto on the 11/12th

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
No rain gear? Where did you hear that? It doesn't need to be fancy, but a poncho that covers your pack is a must. I used mine many times over the three weeks I walked!
Thank you! I am getting a poncho just in case
I read that somewhere regarding packing unnecessary gear
July has the least amount of rainfall I really would invite any/ all suggestions from Summer Pilgrims going North as it has been mainly Spring & Fall travelers posting

You are an optimist then ;-) Rain is the reason Galicia is as green as it is ;-) BC SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.