Backpack Transport on On Camino Inglés

urbanhiker

Jan 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Le Puy to Moissac (2013)
Camino Portugues (Sept 2014)
Camino del Norte/Irun to Luarca (April 2015)
Camino Inglés/Camino Finisterra/Muxia (Oct 2015)
Moissac to St. Jean (2016)
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are doing the Camino Inglés in late Sept. 2015. Does anyone know, for sure, of backpack transportation from Ferrol and along the Camino. My girlfriend is small and carrying a backpack all the way is no fun. She, however, is Camino able, having done two Caminos already. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the help.

Ray
Urbanhiker

Reactions: Thornley
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Thornley

Veteran Member
Aug 30, 2008
Melbourne/Australia
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are doing the Camino Inglés in late Sept. 2015. Does anyone know, for sure, of backpack transportation from Ferrol and along the Camino. My girlfriend is small and carrying a backpack all the way is no fun. She, however, is Camino able, having done two Caminos already. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the help.

Ray
Urbanhiker
Great question

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2009
UK
camino-primitivo-2012.blogspot.co.uk
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
There may be a thread aleady with some information but this is what we saw.
This year we found that there is a new service run by the Correos. You can sign up, look for the yellow info sheets/envelopes, and have your pack moved daily. We saw packs being collected, and they are supposed to be ready for collection by 7.00am (one place it was only just after that when they came loking for them and they were not happy that the packs were not ready). If you cannot find any other place to sign up in Ferrol then I expect that the Correos office will have the details. I presume that the usual rules apply re- delivery to albergues so you will probably have to use the private albergues etc.
We did not use the service so cannot comment on its use but I think you do need to contact them daily by internet or phone.

Reactions: Thornley
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Tulle

May 8, 2010
Norway
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
We walked Camino Ingles in June 2014 and used Jacotrans. Perfect service and easy to contact by email while we were on the road. But of course we had to give them our schedule beforehand. 6-7 Euros pr backpack.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

urbanhiker

Jan 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA USA
Camino Frances (2012)
Le Puy to Moissac (2013)
Camino Portugues (Sept 2014)
Camino del Norte/Irun to Luarca (April 2015)
Camino Inglés/Camino Finisterra/Muxia (Oct 2015)
Moissac to St. Jean (2016)
Reactions: Albertinho

anna pugh

Sep 20, 2015
Camino Ingles 2016
I've booked my pack transport from the company organising my room bookings. I know each camino can be an adventure and accommodation and packs are , for many, part of the adventure, but I know I couldn't carry a pack and walk so I need to be practical. It also means I will have a planned room to end each day so I can concentrate on the walk.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

anita_m

May 29, 2015
Camino Ingles/Camino Finisterre-Muxia (May 2015)
Camino Portuguese (2016)
Correos is great and very reliable and the one time they messed up my delivery, they apologized profusely, didn't charge me that day, and it all ended up just fine.

They do not go to Muxia, but there are others that do.

I found it a lot cheaper than shipping stuff back home. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, but for my trip next August, I think I know how to pack so I won't need it (hopefully).

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! Excited first time pilgrim here, flying into A Coruña and starting in Ferrol end of May. I have a lot of questions, so any thoughts from recent experiences are welcome! - Not sure my...
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James'...
Hi! Im currently on the Ingles, and I just wanna sing the praises of a stop in Mino. I had some extra time and so had decided to break up the camino to start on the 8th and arrive in to Santiago...
Hi everyone, Planning for our first Camino is going well, we've booked flights, most of the accommodation to suit our Camino but I'm getting a little stuck when it comes to Presedo. As most of...
I'll be flying into A Coruña this Monday along with my mother and husband, and I haven't quite figured out how to catch the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol. From what I gather, one must take a bus...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides