• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag forwarding from Seville

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi,
My wife and I are Camino vets at this stage having completed several routes.
However my wife’s knees are now a constraint and we have recently started to forward her bag and use a day sack.

We are due to begin from Seville , March 27th and hope to walk for several days or more to Zafra.
However we are having difficulty arranging for the bag(s) to go forward. Correos provide the service from Ourense but no from Seville. Some pensions can confirm they have an arrangement but not out of Seville.
Does anybody know of a service or contact that we could use on the route or at the very least from Seville.
We normally start early in the morning about 7AM and may find it difficult to org a Taxi (for the bag) at that stage.
Hope all is well with everyone and take care.

Any help or info appreciated.
Peter

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't personally know of any services on the VDLP, but maybe @geraldkelly who writes a guidebook will. Is it possible to get your belongings down to an amount where you can carry the bulk and she carries her day bag and maybe her own water? My husband and I have the same issue now. I am carrying all the CPAPs and critical medical stuff and we are shipping his pack. I am planning to walk the VDLP alone in winter 2025. He may come along one or two days and will then probably volunteer or go to language school while I go it alone. Hard decisions to make for sure.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,
My wife and I are Camino vets at this stage having completed several routes.
However my wife’s knees are now a constraint and we have recently started to forward her bag and use a day sack.

We are due to begin from Seville , March 27th and hope to walk for several days or more to Zafra.
However we are having difficulty arranging for the bag(s) to go forward. Correos provide the service from Ourense but no from Seville. Some pensions can confirm they have an arrangement but not out of Seville.
Does anybody know of a service or contact that we could use on the route or at the very least from Seville.
We normally start early in the morning about 7AM and may find it difficult to org a Taxi (for the bag) at that stage.
Hope all is well with everyone and take care.

Any help or info appreciated.
Peter

I walked from Sevilla to Astorga last year.
I left Sevilla on 25th March. Great time of year.

There was no bag transfer service.
Unless Pilgrim numbers were to increase significantly, I can't imagine anyone starting one.

I did meet some Spanish Pilgrims transferring bags each day via Taxi.
But that could get expensive and hard to arrange. (I would arrange the night before)

Might not be a very helpful suggestion, but maybe you could take a hard look at your packing list and go ultralite? When I walk with my wife, her pack is about 4 kgs. (Mine goes up a kg or two)

You'll also need to think about water/food weight.
Most days I carried 2 litres of water, because as you will know, there are few opportunities to top up through the day. So you need to at least plan on being self sufficient. Anything you might find along the way is a somewhat rare bonus.

If it were me? I'd be going Ultralite.
Much less hassle.
I got to Zafra in 8 days taking it slow.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have you checked the Correos (post office) website? They have a bag transfer service on several routes. However, I don’t know the status on the VDLP.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you can afford it, you can use a tour company that will arrange accommodations and luggage transfer.

Most companies only offer a "last 100 km" package, but I found one that covers the entire Via de la Plata:

I walked from Sevilla to Astorga last year.
I left Sevilla on 25th March. Great time of year.

There was no bag transfer service.
Unless Pilgrim numbers were to increase significantly, I can't imagine anyone starting one.

I did meet some Spanish Pilgrims transferring bags each day via Taxi.
But that could get expensive and hard to arrange. (I would arrange the night before)

Might not be a very helpful suggestion, but maybe you could take a hard look at your packing list and go ultralite? When I walk with my wife, her pack is about 4 kgs. (Mine goes up a kg or two)

You'll also need to think about water/food weight.
Most days I carried 2 litres of water, because as you will know, there are few opportunities to top up through the day. So you need to at least plan on being self sufficient. Anything you might find along the way is a somewhat rare bonus.

If it were me? I'd be going Ultralite.
Much less hassle.
I got to Zafra in 8 days taking it slow.
Thanks Robo for the Info.
Some accommodations , which we booked in advance(2 from 6) have said they will forward bag, but I agree, pack list is the key to solving the problem.
Thanks again
Buen Camino
Peter

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back