• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions about the Camino from Seville

Baliparadise

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
Hi everyone,
I would like to have more information of Camino starting from Seville, Spain

Do you think that it’s feasible ? Please send me the link or any website so I can research and planning for my second camino in May 2024.

Thank you very much and God bless 🙏🏻

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Of course it is feasible - many people walk the Via de la Plata every year. But I would be very reluctant to start in May as temperatures on the southern end of the route are often very high and the stages can be long with very little access to drinking water. Please think that through before you commit yourself to walking at that time of year.

Two very useful websites are Gronze and @geraldkelly's VdlP guide website. You can also find good up to date information from a Facebook group.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You must be prepared for the heat. In 2015 I started at the end of march and temperatures reached allready 32 degrees Celsius. Sevilla is said to be the hottest city of Europe

Hi everyone,

Do you think that it’s feasible ? Please send me the link or any website so I can research and planning for my second camino in May 2024.
I don't think the responders are taking into account where you are from. I personally think that you will find May to be an ideal time. I am from Australia and am accustomed to heat. I have done the VdlP three times in June when it really can get hot, but it has never stopped me. The VdlP is a wonderful camino. Go for it!

Peregrinopaul is of course right. The dry heat of Andalucía and Extremadura is not the humid heat of Bali. Having walked the VdlP from Seville at the end of February ‘23 the heat was a factor with unseasonably hot weather. Starting early and avoiding the hottest part of the day all helped. It was definitely doable even with temps in the mid to high 30s. The only real difficulty is how much liquid you have to carry on the initial stages where there were very few if any places to stop between the beginning and end of a stage. The extra weight of 6 litres of water and Aquarius is not insignificant although not an issue by the last 5kms of the day as you’re usually down to the last litre! I agree with Pergrinopaul It’s a beautiful Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone,

Just after Easter is our plan to walk the VdlP if that helps? Cooler mornings.

I walked the VDLP in June/July. It is a dry heat similar to that of Central Australia. The worst part for heat is Extremadura and you need to carry large amounts of water. Have fun exploring the forum here; this is a wonderful route.

You do have to carry large amounts of water in Extremadura and unfortunately, after about half an hour of walking, the water is very hot! But like @Donna Sch , we walked it in June.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi everyone,

Yes of course it's feasible. It's a common start point much as St Jean is for the Frances.
I was careful to pick an 'early' start date in the year, so as to avoid the heat.
And Yes I know you are from a hot country and there is already debate about likely temperatures.

I'm from Australia and quite used to a bit of heat in summer, often around 35C.
But I would not want to walk all day in that heat nor have to carry a day worth of water to cope with it.

So I left at the end of March this year, to be clear of Sevilla before Semana Santa.
The weather was good. After a couple of weeks, (mid April) Pre dawn starts of about 9C, reaching 25-28C at the hottest part of the day.

I got some good information from this forum and YouTube videos in the planning stages, particularly this one from Chris who walked in June/July 2017.

It's a long video, but very good!

If you want to look at VdlP blogs and videos there are links in my Signature.

P.S. Take an umbrella!

Last edited:
Second the umbrella comment! Dropping the temp around your body by 1-2 degrees can make all the difference and keeps you sane especially when walking on hot roads that are absorbing heat. I'm from Darwin so am used to heat. I found I had to carry 3 litres of water plus extra drinks as a rule even after drinking at least 1 litre before I left the albergue. I rarely needed to pee despite that. This compares to carrying about 1.5l max for the Levante in Feb/Mar.

Just after Easter is our plan to walk the VdlP if that helps? Cooler mornings.
Maybe you will meet me and the friend of my daughter we will start in Sevilla 3 april

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone,

check out our blog caminowalkaboutplata.blogspot.com

Dear all,
Thank you very much for your kind attention to response my inquiries. I have been doing the research and watching the YouTube. It’s amazing trip and another question: do I need to reserve the room in advance in the beginning of May ?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm planning to walk the VDLP as my last Camino. Is there a Camino registry office in Sevelle to purchase a travel passport and get details of the walk

I'm planning to walk the VDLP as my last Camino. Is there a Camino registry office in Sevelle to purchase a travel passport and get details of the walk
There is an Amigos office in Seville but it is not expected or required that people register their Camino there. They can supply a credencial but there are several other places with longer opening hours where you can find one. Details on Gerald Kelly's excellent website. His guide is invaluable for the VdlP too.

There is an Amigos office in Seville but it is not expected or required that people register their Camino there. They can supply a credencial but there are several other places with longer opening hours where you can find one. Details on Gerald Kelly's excellent website. His guide is invaluable for the VdlP too.
Thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back