• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfer from A Coruna to Bruma

RamblyRick

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June & September 22
Hi. Three of us are beginning the Camino Ingles in A Coruna this weekend but are finding it difficult to find a company that takes bags from there to our next stop (Bruma). Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange. Is there even a pilgrim office there? Does anyone know if there's a company who provides this?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think many people start in Ferrol so there is probably less call for transport from A Coruna. You might see if your hotel can help you arrange a taxi transfer for your bags to Bruma. Before the advent of companies that did this, taxi's were the way it was done, I believe.

Edit: I had to do a taxi transfer last summer for my husband's bag on one stretch of the Aragon. It was expensive, but necessary.

Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange.
Not all that strange. Walking from A Coruña doesn't qualify you for a Compostela (distance is too short) and so the majority of walkers start from Ferrol instead. Probably not enough demand to run luggage transfers from A Coruña. There is a complicated Compostela exemption for those who can prove they have walked 25+km in their own country first but I think the numbers doing that are small.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Looking just now at a simple line map showing A Corunna and Ferrol, and having once taken the bus from Santiago to Ferrol, I wonder if you could take a bus and get off in Hospital de Bruma, leave your big luggage in the accommodation you booked for the first night from A Corunna, and then get the next bus on to A Corunna and just have essentials for the night before starting to walk from there to Bruma.
I have just checked, as I imagine you have, and Paq Mochila does not offer pickup from A Corunna, only from Ferrol. You can easily book your daily transfer of bags with them from Bruma, and paying for a bundle of days at a time is - or was in my case - cheaper than day by day. (Although I also had my Bray to Dublin cert, I began in Ferrol as my companion needed the longer distance to get her Compostela.) Another option is get to A Corunna, take a taxi to Bruma, leave your stuff, taxi back... but I have no idea of cost, just trying to give you ideas that you probably have thought of yourself!

Is there even a pilgrim office there?
No, there's no pilgrim office in Coruña and probably little or no demand for baggage transfer. It might be worth asking your Bruma accommodation if others have found a solution for this.

Also, it can be difficult to get sellos between A Coruña and Bruma, so make sure you get one in A Coruña.

Wishing you a Buen Celtic Camino. This is a very nice walk, but quite different to the Francés.

Nuala

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looking just now at a simple line map showing A Corunna and Ferrol, and having once taken the bus from Santiago to Ferrol, I wonder if you could take a bus and get off in Hospital de Bruma, leave your big luggage in the accommodation you booked for the first night from A Corunna, and then get the next bus on to A Corunna and just have essentials for the night before starting to walk from there to Bruma.
I have just checked, as I imagine you have, and Paq Mochila does not offer pickup from A Corunna, only from Ferrol. You can easily book your daily transfer of bags with them from Bruma, and paying for a bundle of days at a time is - or was in my case - cheaper than day by day. (Although I also had my Bray to Dublin cert, I began in Ferrol as my companion needed the longer distance to get her Compostela.) Another option is get to A Corunna, take a taxi to Bruma, leave your stuff, taxi back... but I have no idea of cost, just trying to give you ideas that you probably have thought of yourself!
Thanks...some options there. We have done the Bray and Boyne Caminos..and 2 parts of the Francés. We've booked the rest of the legs like you say but it would be nice to have it for this first leg as it's the toughest. Mind you I just weighed my rucksack..it's about 6k so.manageable if we have no options

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi. Three of us are beginning the Camino Ingles in A Coruna this weekend but are finding it difficult to find a company that takes bags from there to our next stop (Bruma). Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange. Is there even a pilgrim office there? Does anyone know if there's a company who provides this?
I walked that last spring and tried to psych myself about the hill up to Bruma. It wasn't that bad. Take your time and enjoy!

Currently on day 3 from Ferrol, at Betanzos. We are using Pilbeo.com via their app. Perfect so far. I could not understand how to use the Correos website and I am a computer scientist. J

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've just booked and paid taxicaminoingl.es to transport my wife's luggage along the Inglés in June '23. Carlos seems very efficient and communicates well. They came recommended by Albergue San Lorenzo de Bruma.

Thanks. Yes .... we're one of those few who have completed several Irish qualifying caminos.
Yes I am in this situation too. Plan to walk from A Coruna next month and finding it virtually to secure luggage transfer. I really don't want to have to carry my luggage if at all possible

Yes I am in this situation too. Plan to walk from A Coruna next month and finding it virtually to secure luggage transfer. I really don't want to have to carry my luggage if at all possible
The recommendation in post #13 is the first I’ve seen I’ve seen for bag transport on the Ingles. It’s not been reported on previously, but could well be excellent - and the URL works.

For what’s only a 4-5 day walk, have you considered carrying your own bag or - if going on from Santiago, posting the excess direct via Correos?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back