Bed bugs?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

redjeep63

Feb 25, 2012
We were there in June,we have sheets,and pillow cases bought from Sierra Outfitters,specifically for bedbugs.
We never saw any bugs,not a flying or crawling bug in any alburghee or Hotel or Hostel.
We did check in, make our beds put our pillow cases on every night. Several places just remake beds, without laundrying kinda gross. But nary a bug!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
D

Deleted member 3000

The Ughbug looks very interesting, and is light weight and inexpensive. The magnifying glass is a bit silly -- if you see a bedbug you will know with your naked eye. There are other UV flashlights that will do the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VZC5LA/?tag=casaivar02-20

The UV light will highlight lots of other things as well, fluids for example, so be prepared for a lesson on camino hygeine! Use one in a standard U.S. motel, and you won't want to touch anything in the room, particularly the TV remote control.

Reactions: Tamas
Aug 14, 2013
Port Orange, Florida and Syracuse, New York
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
I just purchased some Permethrin for spraying on my sheets and back pack before I leave the US. Any thoughts on me taking this can of aerosol spray with me to spray on my Albergue mattress for bed bugs? I understand that I may not be able to take an aerosol on-board in luggage or carry on. Thx

D

Deleted member 3000

You should be a bit concerned about spraying someone else's abode. I doubt you would want strangers spraying chemicals in your home!

Your equipment treatment will last the entire camino. If you take the aerosol, which probably won't make it through security, spray outdoors away from people, animals, and fish.

Reactions: Tamas
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Aug 14, 2013
Port Orange, Florida and Syracuse, New York
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
You should be a bit concerned about spraying someone else's abode. I doubt you would want strangers spraying chemicals in your home!

Your equipment treatment will last the entire camino. If you take the aerosol, which probably won't make it through security, spray outdoors away from people, animals, and fish.
Hi Falcon, Yes I agree. I would not want to do that with over spray. I will just go with spraying my equipment before I go, wash it once then not use it until I get there. Thanks for the reply.
Ed

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.