• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best mobile carrier for Via de la Plata

Time of past OR future Camino
So many since 2003.
Hi all,
I’m taking my unlocked iPhone 5 on my VdlP in Sept 2014 and am interested in hearing how various Spanish mobile carriers have worked out for other pilgrims over the past year.

I read an older post that commented on Vodafone not having good coverage on this route but things may have changed.
Any useful advice would be gratefully received…

Also, any comments on various pre-pay plans. I will be checking emails (unfortunately for work) and only calling locally or using Skype to call home occasionally. (NZ)

Many thanks, Grace

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I bought a vodafone.es pre-pay sim card which worked virtually everywhere (everywhere l needed it, anyway). Almost all bars had free wifi. I think 10€ got me from Seville to SdC.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I picked mine up at the Corte Inglés, not far from the cathedral. You need your passport when you're buying it.

Most read last week in this forum