• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beware of the Ides of June!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
A quick jolt back into reality, tonight at 1900 Spain vs Portugal Mondiale. I know, I know, pilgrims are not supposed to be so interested in football but don't be surprised if your pilgrim menu takes a bit longer to get to your table and later in the evening sounds of great rejoicing and shouts in the street or those of fear and a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I didn't realize how big soccer was until I was O Pedrouzo and the albergue let us stay out past curfew to watch a game at the bar.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A quick jolt back into reality, tonight at 1900 Spain vs Portugal Mondiale. I know, I know, pilgrims are not supposed to be so interested in football but don't be surprised if your pilgrim menu takes a bit longer to get to your table and later in the evening sounds of great rejoicing and shouts in the street or those of fear and a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.
Oh yes! :D

Or you can celebrate the end of Ramadon the Muslim Holy month. Experienced it in Zanzibar back in 2011 very eye opening,. Cheers

A couple of years ago I stayed in an Albergue where the Hospitalero had a large TV screen to watch a European football final between Athletico Madrid and Real Madrid.

He gave everyone free drinks while we watched the match!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@scruffy1 -I am not on a Camino, not in Spain, and not in Portugal...but I am excited about this game nonetheless.

Thanks for your post. I always enjoy them.

Tom

67A09B54-93EE-4A7F-BE5E-40A267EF83A0.png

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We are in Porto and watched the game on a big screen with thousands of fans. A great experience. Very fun!

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...
I can see where this will help in the eternal search for an open alberque. These "pilgrims" will by-pass many towns and communities during their "walk" leaving many alberques available for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back