• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biaritzz to St Jean

paul m kidd

Hola

Does anyone know the easiest way of travelling from Biarritz airport to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port using public transport?

Gracias

Buen Camino

Paul

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
paul m kidd said:
Hola

Does anyone know the easiest way of travelling from Biarritz airport to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port using public transport?

Gracias

Buen Camino

Paul

Paul,

Take a bus from Biarritz airport to the Bayonne railroad station (Gare SNCF). Next take the local TER train line 62 which connectis Bayonne to SJPdP. Buy your ticket in the entrance hall; it is a small station.

Through 7 July 2012 the departure schedule leaving Bayonne is at the following times.
Bayonne/Baiona
07.48/lundi, NON fetes/ Monday, NOT holidays
08.19/mardi a dimanche, et fetes, Tuesday to Sunday, and holidays
11.51/lundi a samedi, NON fetes, Monday to Saturday, NOT holidays
15.05/tous les jours, et fetes, everyday and holidays
18.10/lundi a samedi, NON fetes, Monday to Saturday, NOT holidays
21.09/ vendredi, dimance et fetes, Friday, Sunday and holidays

All trains do NOT go every day.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino!

Margaret

Bus from airport to Bayonne= 1 euro, frequent service.
Train Bayonne to St Jean = 9.8euros

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Paul

I am catching airport bus to Bayonne Station and then rail to St Jean. May stay an hour or so in Biarritz to look around if i miss the connecting train at 15.00.

Others go by taxi but the train is cheaper and more adventurous, i think!

Ian

May stay an hour or so in Biarritz
A beautiful place on the coast, but in the opposite direction from the Bayonne train station where you will catch the train to St. Jean. Bayonne, home to the train, also is an interesting city to visit with a nice cathedral and the only Protestant church (temple) that I saw in France.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Here's another option:
Contact Caroline @ http://www.expressbourricot.com/ to make arrangements to be picked up from the airport in Biarritz and driven to SJPdP.
Check out the website to see last minute deals for an idea of cost. Caroline quoted me 15 euros for June 4.
I will post a confirmation when I can.
Here is her email address as well: apcaroline@hotmail.com
Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back