• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to Bayonne

Anne Kennett

Hi to anyone who reads this. My first post so a little unsure on how this works. I am flying to Biarritz from Paris on Sunday 18 May 2014. As it's a Sunday I'm not confident that there will be a bus available to transfer to Bayonne.

If anyone else is doing the same and flying by EasyJet flight 3703 arriving 12.50 I would be happy to share cost of a taxi to Bayonne.
Happy to hear from anyone.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi to anyone who reads this. My first post so a little unsure on how this works. I am flying to Biarritz from Paris on Sunday 18 May 2014. As it's a Sunday I'm not confident that there will be a bus available to transfer to Bayonne.....

Anne,

Welcome to the Forum!

Rest assured that there WILL be buses on Sunday!
From Biarritz aeroport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF BAYONNE). For scheduled times see >> http://www.chronoplus.eu/ . Buses leave every 20 minutes throughout the day; travel time is roughly 45 minutes.

For addition current bus/train info see this recent Forum thread.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Thank you so much Margaret! I am planning my trip for the first week in June; I plan on taking a train from Paris to Bayonne, but got stuck on how to get from Bayonne to St. Jean. You have answered my question nicely, and I feel much better for having a semblance of a travel plan.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Anne,

Welcome to the Forum!

Rest assured that there WILL be buses on Sunday!
From Biarritz aeroport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF BAYONNE). For scheduled times see >> http://www.chronoplus.eu/ . Buses leave every 20 minutes throughout the day; travel time is roughly 45 minutes.

For addition current bus/train info see this recent Forum thread.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thank you for reply. Great to know this information as its the only piece of my journey from New Zealand to SJPP that I haven't sorted. And now it is!
Regards
Anne

Thank you so much Margaret! I am planning my trip for the first week in June; I plan on taking a train from Paris to Bayonne, but got stuck on how to get from Bayonne to St. Jean. You have answered my question nicely, and I feel much better for having a semblance of a travel plan.

Hello Susan
If you want you can book online with raileurope for the train from Bayonne to SJPP. I have done this for May. Buen Camino.

Anne

It is worth you checking if you can join someone who has a taxi booked. Look at Esprit de Chemin, an albergue in SJPdP that has a taxi sharing message board. Also look at Express Burricott, a taxi company in SJPdP. They try to infill into booked taxi and often the price gets down to 16E per person. They are not yet showing the taxis booked for May on their site but if you email them they will let you know if one is arranged for that day and if so will let you join it. Obviously a taxi gets you there a lot quicker than a bus/train trip and can end up costing about the same.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The bus to Bayonne is not likely to be an issue, more likely the train from Bayonne to SJPP not to run on a Sunday. They tend to run a bus replacement service if the trains are having a day off.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back