• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bike Rental Lisbon - Santiago

Cycle gal

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugese Route from Lisbon
Any recommendations/suggestions for bike rental from Lisbon and dropping off in Santiago? I found one company "Cycling Rentals", however, wonder if there are other options available.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I used Cycling through the Centuries, the are very responsive and their equipment is excellent. They deliver to the albergue where you plan to start and have a convenient drop-off place in SdC.

I used Cycling through the Centuries, the are very responsive and their equipment is excellent. They deliver to the albergue where you plan to start and have a convenient drop-off place in SdC.

Thank you, I will check them out.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm renting with Bikeiberia.

By the way, I have question for those who know this trail. Can I do it with a touring bike, or a mountain bike would be more appropriate? any thoughts on this are welcome.

Daniel

Today we completed the coastal Camino Portuguese turning inland to Tui. We were on loaded hybrid rentals from cycle rentals.com. The bikes were as promised and made the journey. I made many rookie mistakes including allowing 10 days biking for a couple 56 and 57. The trails seemed most suited for mountain bikes with their riders carrying a light backpack. We completed our journey successfully but after Tomar we diverted to roads when facing a steep trail ascent. I will post a report once I get back to the US.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi there! Would you be willing to share your route? I’ll be cycling solo in September. I’m starting in Lisbon. Any and all tips are welcomed!

Thanks so much!

Here is link to my post after journey.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/biking-the-portuguese-camino-lisbon-to-santiago-april-2018-–-difficult-and-amazing.55450/#post-621154

Read everything Michelle Grech posted on the forum including her research questions. She knew what she was doing!

Attached is a PDF of our itinerary. I noted some places we diverted from route but there were many more - basically whenever Michelle or the Brierley guide indicated there was hilly track ahead. 12+ days biking with lower mileage on the initial days would have been better for me. Don’t underestimate the impact of continuous cobble stone riding with a loaded bike!

You will so enjoy this trip. I had a huge smile on my face every day. Lovely locals, scenic route, and as long as I we planned an enormous meal every 20 miles or so, I continued to smile!

Attachments

• 2018 Camino with notes.pdf
    113.7 KB · Views: 15
Hi there!
Thank you so much for all of this info and for directing my to Michelle. I wrote her this morning.
All the best!
Ruth

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Do you know how to search her historic posts? Click on her name and read her questions, others replies, trip posts, etc.

I think so. I got on her “page” and looked through some threads. I found a bunch of info. She’s such a great resource, as is yours. :)

Hi there! Would you be willing to share your route? I’ll be cycling solo in September. I’m starting in Lisbon. Any and all tips are welcomed!

Thanks so much!
Hello, sorry to take some time to reply. I'll try to attach our trip plan here. But please be aware that we changed it a lot during the trip. We totally loved the Portuguese coast, and spent more days than innitially planned there.

My main impression: things start to get really good from Porto. I would not bother to do the route before that again.

I rented the bikes from Bikeiberia, and I recommend their services. They were very professional.

Hope that helps.

Bom caminho!!!

Attachments

• Caminho de la Santiago.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 17
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back