Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Botafumeiro

I completed my first Camino in June this year...the link below is to my first "feature film"....and it was taken with my little Canon Powershot....no fancy heavy video or DSLR camera.... I hope it brings some happy memories to all my fellow pilgrims...I'm slowly working on some pictures to share using Picasa and then my blog which will finally get written over the cold snowy winter months...

Happy holidays,
Marilyn

http://ca.youtube.com/user/rushtoma

Watching the video in high quality is so much better....

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola

This reminded me to mention that "singing Nun" whose voice is heard on this film singing the hymn to the Apostle which accompanies the Botafumeiro has been moved by her Order from Santiago Cathedral to Madrid Cathedral. After 9 years Sister Maria Jesus is no longer singing at the 12 noon pilgrims' mass nor in Madrid where she has other duties.

In Santiago there is a new nun singing and they expect Maria Jesus to return sometime next year - perhaps!

There is nothing as constant as change.

Dale

So sorry to hear that Sister Maria Jesus has been moved. She was the high point of my Santiago stay. Truly the voice of an Angel. If she is pleased with the transfer then may God bless her, however if she would rather be in Santiago then I hope the transfer is only temporary.

Happy Christmas to you too Marilyn !!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings