Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brand new albergue on the Primitivo in El Espín!

BobY333

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
Casa Pascual n 8 opened 13 July. El Espín is between Campiello and Borres.

Silvia, the hospitalera, is wonderful. I walked the San Salvador with her last year. She's Italian, has lived many years in Spain, and is also fluent in English. I know she put her heart and soul into renovating the home that she bought last year, doing much of the work herself.

Her WhatsApp number for reservations is +34 606 242 097

If anyone knows how to get this listed in the various Camino apps/guidebooks/websites, please spread the word!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Casa Pascual n 8 opened 13 July. El Espín is between Campiello and Borres.

Sylvia, the hospitalera, is wonderful. I walked the San Salvador with her last year. She's Italian, has lived many years in Spain, and is also fluent in English. I know she put her heart and soul into renovating the home that she bought last year, doing much of the work herself.

Her WhatsApp number for reservations is +34 606 242 097

If anyone knows how to get this listed in the various Camino apps/guidebooks/websites, please spread the word!
Hi, Does she offer private rooms?

I just received more information from Silvia:
She has 6 beds (including one "matrimonio") plus two bunk beds in a single, large room.
She offers a communal dinner and has breakfast available.
She runs it as a donativo.

So, it sounds a bit like Bendueños on the San Salvador, which is a must-stay albergue.

It looks great! See photos below.

@wisepilgrim - please add this to your app!274eb821-417c-4377-a7f4-17b47e651b0c.jpegb685be07-d7a0-46cd-9130-3b619acad537.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great news! At the bottom of gronze.com, on every page, there is a contact link. Silvia should send them all the information. They respond very quickly. I see that Espín is marked and is shown as a little bit off route on the stage map, but no info about the albergue is there yet.

Attachments

• 5052843A-C88B-4936-82DD-5AC748A1839A.png
    5052843A-C88B-4936-82DD-5AC748A1839A.png
    772.7 KB · Views: 26
I'll be happy to put her in my information. However, I don't see her albergue on Google. Do you have an actual street address for her?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stayed there a few days ago, Silvia had 6 beds then but was intending to pick up a couple more ( I'm guessing the bunk beds mentioned above).
Does she offer private rooms?
Nope. It's just one big room, the dining area shown above, and 2 bathrooms. There's a nice courtyard area too.
She's a great host. Alison at Bodenaya booked for us, we booked the place out. (We'd all just met at Bodenaya). She had to turn someone away
Super easy to find. That little sign shown above points pretty much right at her place, at the end of a short road.
Dinner was tasty and plentiful, breakfast limited but I guess adequate. For example, the bread came from the day before, she would have been better off toasting it. Selection was limited, as was the quantity. To be fair, she did just open less than a week prior!
Yes, I'm biased, we'd all just come from Bodenaya, it was a very hard act to follow.
To put it in perspective - Silvia's sleeping room is superior, Alison and Alberto's food considerably superior.
Both are better than average, as are their respective hosts!!

Stayed there a few days ago, Silvia had 6 beds then but was intending to pick up a couple more ( I'm guessing the bunk beds mentioned above).

Nope. It's just one big room, the dining area shown above, and 2 bathrooms. There's a nice courtyard area too.
She's a great host. Alison at Bodenaya booked for us, we booked the place out. (We'd all just met at Bodenaya). She had to turn someone away
Super easy to find. That little sign shown above points pretty much right at her place, at the end of a short road.
Dinner was tasty and plentiful, breakfast limited but I guess adequate. For example, the bread came from the day before, she would have been better off toasting it. Selection was limited, as was the quantity. To be fair, she did just open less than a week prior!
Yes, I'm biased, we'd all just come from Bodenaya, it was a very hard act to follow.
To put it in perspective - Silvia's sleeping room is superior, Alison and Alberto's food considerably superior.
That's all great info and intel. I'm sure Silvia would love to hear the feedback directly from you! As you said, she just opened and I'm sure is figuring things out. She has a huge heart and is truly happy in her words "having the whole world walk by" each day!

It's also great to hear that Alison and Alberto are seemingly filling some very big shoes well enough to be called "a tough act to follow".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back