A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

British Pilgrimage Trust Job Vacancy

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Sometime ago I got on the mailing list for The British Pilgrimage Trust. I received an email with a job vacancy that might interest someone on the forum.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
Nice to see my town and its Abbey on that route. Will drop them a line to see if they need help.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
Sometime ago I got on the mailing list for The British Pilgrimage Trust. I received an email with a job vacancy that might interest someone on the forum.

And are you applying? ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Nearly 90 pilgrim routes in the UK according to their website
Should keep some of us out of trouble for a while!!
Now where's that rucksack?

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
For those of you who would like to see the route in its full glory, I have stitched the full 20 days together. There are a lot of detours to churches (understandable) and pubs (understandable).

A beautiful and historic route

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
But so expensive! No infrastructure, pricey B&Bs often off route.
I plan to "bunny-hop" it in my campervan next year - park up the van, do the day's walk then bus or taxi back to van and camp overnight in a nearby site with all the facilities!

One thing that confuses me though. If you were a medieval pilgrim coming to visit the shrine of Thomas Becket in Canterbury why would you suffer the long crossing of the Channel and hike all the way from Southampton across southern England when you could cross at Calais/Dover and walk up to Canterbury from there - the English equivalent of the Camino Ingles (if you see what I mean).

Harington

Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
I plan to "bunny-hop" it in my campervan next year - park up the van, do the day's walk then bus or taxi back to van and camp overnight in a nearby site with all the facilities!

One thing that confuses me though. If you were a medieval pilgrim coming to visit the shrine of Thomas Becket in Canterbury why would you suffer the long crossing of the Channel and hike all the way from Southampton across southern England when you could cross at Calais/Dover and walk up to Canterbury from there - the English equivalent of the Camino Ingles (if you see what I mean).
I assume it was more for pilgrims coming from the south west of England, or those who maybe crossed in a boat from Brittany or Normandy.

gerip

Camino(s) past & future
CF, Lourdes to Burgos, Oct 2018
CF, Burgos to Santiago, May 2019
Ingles, Sep - Oct 2019
Hmmmm. I could do this right from home, at least as far as Lewes, if not Eastbourne. It all depends on the local bus service.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
Good news then. At least the publicity will help. An ideal springtime warm up for the longer pilgrimages.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock