• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brother currently lost on Via Appia

Status
Not open for further replies.

sister

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan Camino Francigeno next year in the spring
Have you seen this man, with long white hair and a puffy white beard, walking the pilgrimage between Cori and Brindisi? He is unmistakable and unforgettable. He has done the Camino de Santiago several times as well as numerous other pilgrimages around the world. He left Cori on 9/24/2023. It would really help if you would let me know if you have seen him since then. He goes by either Michael or Gerard. He usually wears this hat with a Camino shell and carries a staff. Please keep an eye out for him. If I get more information about his location, I will share it here.

(Images removed by Ivar. I don't know if we have his permission to post these images of him. Contact the police if this is an emergency).

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have you seen this man, with long white hair and a puffy white beard, walking the pilgrimage between Cori and Brindisi? He is unmistakable and unforgettable. He has done the Camino de Santiago several times as well as numerous other pilgrimages around the world. He left Cori on 9/24/2023. It would really help if you would let me know if you have seen him since then. He goes by either Michael or Gerard. He usually wears this hat with a Camino shell and carries a staff. Please keep an eye out for him. If I get more information about his location, I will share it here.

(Images removed by Ivar. I don't know if we have his permission to post these images of him. Contact the police if this is an emergency).
Thank-you Ivar for worrying about my brother's privacy. This is an emergency. I was hoping this community might have enough contacts that I could pin-point a smaller area and call the local police there as we had already called the local police, FBI, and the police in Rome last night but they wanted us to call other places.

Well, I just got a phone call that he has been found. He is in hospital somewhere in Italy and not very coherent but he is conscious and hopefully he will be OK.

Thanks again Ivar and to your community!!!

Let this be a lesson, do not hike alone.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!
Hi everyone, I am a 30 y.o. female travelling solo. Planning to walk Camino Ingles in May, but since it's the least popular route I'm a bit worried in terms of how safe it is. I walked Frances...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back