• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buffs Camino design

Might I suggest another company then? www.hoorag.com

Same idea, different company. They have a 3-4 week delivery eta once the proof has been approved.

Production time is not the issue. I have been told by Buff that they have a 2 week delivery once all terms are agreed upon.

Please note that I would be doing this as a service. I foresee payment being made through paypal. When conditions become set this thread will be moved to the Camino Resources section.

To get things rolling I suggest that those forum members interested in Bev's original Buff design send me a pm with e-mail and number of Buff's wanted. This is by no means binding but rather to get an idea how many people are interested.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear all,
To avoid confusion, if you are interested in starting a new Buff project, then please start a new thread, and post about it there.
Those who are interested in LTfits project, please continue to post in this thread.
Thanks.
Susanna/Mod.

I've requested that thread be deleted. I don't appreciate the underlying tone making it look like I'm trying to make money off my generosity of putting an order together. My plan was to do it at cost plus envelopes for shipping. Good luck with the order Lee!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This thread, about LTfits buff project, is now moved to Camino resources.
Thank you.
Susanna/Mod.

I love my Buff! Put it on over my ears ON TOP OF MY EAR PLUGS for sleeping in a room full of snorers. I'd love one with a Camino motiff. Though if anybody is interested in my 2 cents (not worth that much LOL) I'd love a yellow conch on the deep blue background....

Hi from Palas de Reí!
I received price quotations yesterday from Buff. Prices vary from 7-11 euros (50-300) for the original and 13-21 euros for the fleece option. Price of course depends on the quantity ordered. A value added tax of 21% would need to be added on top of the base price but I have just asked if they can do anything about this.

When I return home I will go to the post office to get the postage rates for Europe, US/Canada, South Africa and Australia/New Zealand. If there are any other locations please let me know.
Greetings from the Camino Frances!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great news LTfit well done and within a reasonable price I would probably opt for the original, but that doesn't mean I would not buy the fleece option but not sure I could run to buying 5 that would depend on my two friend's Budgets.

Latest update: The Buff distributor got back to me and said that we can not avoid adding the VAT of 21% to the base price as the Buffs will be delivered to an address in The Netherlands. I sent back an e-mail today reporting that the Buffs will be distributed out of the country and whether an exception could be made. Will await his response before making the final calculations including postage fees.

As of today I have only received 7 responses from interested forum members (for a total of about 20 Buffs). The minimum amount I can order is 50 so please let me know if there are other interested parties.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Latest update: The Buff distributor got back to me and said that we can not avoid adding the VAT of 21% to the base price as the Buffs will be delivered to an address in The Netherlands. I sent back an e-mail today reporting that the Buffs will be distributed out of the country and whether an exception could be made. Will await his response before making the final calculations including postage fees.

As of today I have only received 7 responses from interested forum members (for a total of about 20 Buffs). The minimum amount I can order is 50 so please let me know if there are other interested parties.

Thanks Lee, 20 isn't that great a number is it. I thought a lot more people showed initial interest in the project someone suggested they would probably like 16 for their group this coming year? Unless I have misread the post! I think lots won't know I have this marked as a watched thread so I get the alerts.
What about a new post to flag up "Orders for the Leon wall buff " price exc postage, going going or gone depends on you!!

The Resources section works differently from the other forums/threads. New posts like yours or mine do not show up as a 'new post' - that is the reason that members do not see them unless they subscribe to the thread.

Once the final price is determined and postage Ivar said that he would post an announcement. Then I will have a better idea of how many to order. Hopefully we will meet the minimum requirement.

The Resources section works differently from the other forums/threads. New posts like yours or mine do not show up as a 'new post' - that is the reason that members do not see them unless they subscribe to the thread.

Once the final price is determined and postage Ivar said that he would post an announcement. Then I will have a better idea of how many to order. Hopefully we will meet the minimum requirement.
Oh thats wonderful Lee I hope that every thing works out fine and thank you too Ivar :)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
That makes it 22 Buffs, any one else out there wanting a buff . Gossip has it you could do with a clean one Geradcarey !!!! To replace the one you:
( "Found behind some big blackberry bushes, didn’t you.That stretchy tubular fabric thing you wear around your neck, or as a headband or a hat thingy".) !!!!!!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi from Palas de Reí!
I received price quotations yesterday from Buff. Prices vary from 7-11 euros (50-300) for the original and 13-21 euros for the fleece option. Price of course depends on the quantity ordered. A value added tax of 21% would need to be added on top of the base price but I have just asked if they can do anything about this.

When I return home I will go to the post office to get the postage rates for Europe, US/Canada, South Africa and Australia/New Zealand. If there are any other locations please let me know.
Greetings from the Camino Frances!

Can you post an image of the design?

Found it Lee and Magwood, it was wayfarer's post I remembered him doing it!

Attachments

• el-camino-de-santiago.jpg
    el-camino-de-santiago.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 167
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Magwood,
If you look way back in the thread you will see the original design which is based on the Camino de Santiago 'graffiti'. There is also a picture of a member's Buff.
Hi Magwood check out my post above the wall is on the attachment.

Count me in for three.
My son just got a buff and liked it.
Rambler

Found it Lee and Magwood, it was wayfarer's post I remembered him doing it!

Not having seen the final design, one presumes it does not include the window with the rusty bars in the upper right of the image above, but is cropped to include only the graffiti as a repeating design?

Assuming I am correct, I am still in for three...

One point, if you will be mailing them from the Netherlands to points global, every gram of weight makes a difference in the postage costs. If I recall correctly from my last Buff, the cardboard packaging weighted more than the actual Buff.

Personally, I am more than willing to take my three Buffs "naked" - if you will - sans packaging, especially if it saves significantly on the postage to the U.S.

Just a thought...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great, at the last count I make it 27.
We are just over half way, any more out there?

Great, at the last count I make it 27.
We are just over half way, any more out there?

When the final costs are determined (tax plus shipping to US) put me down for two please.

I'd be interested in buying one, add me to the list.

Please put me down for one; will be watching thread to see final design and cost. We leave for Camino in March, hope to receive it before then.
Thanks,
Alicia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Please add me for one as well.
Fran

Hi Fran,
Yes it is the "original" Buff from Spain.
Could you also send me a pm with your email address and whether you have a paypal account.
Thanks for your interest. I will keep you up to date on the progress.
Cheers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lee do you have an estimate what these are going to cost including to ship to the US? I'd consider ordering one but I'm not going to spend $30-40USD.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
LTfit I spent you a message back on Dec. 28th. For 2 buffs, did you receive it?

Hi Fran,
Yes it is the "original" Buff from Spain.
Could you also send me a pm with your email address and whether you have a paypal account.
Thanks for your interest. I will keep you up to date on the progress.
Cheers
Okay, I must be missing something... How do I pm?

Okay, I must be missing something... How do I pm?
A Private Message is now called a Conversation. Click on the Member's name, and start a Conversation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am interested in one! Have a paypal account for payments, I assume that works ok?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am interested in one! Have a paypal account for payments, I assume that works ok?

Thats great Packinglight have you sent Ltfit a PM so she can contact you later?

The count as of tonight is 42 but there are quite a few members who expressed interest but have not yet contacted me with their details.

Would the following members please send me a pm (conversation) with your email address and confirmation of a paypal account. Also let me know how many you would like if you have not yet done so.

@alicia
@indyrem
@Packinglight
@susanawee
@AZgirl
@Saint Mike II
@DurhamParish
@Charles Friedrichs
@Runa Gunnarsdottir
@drvnsmiln

Tomorrow I will post postage fees. I have a fleece Buff which is slightly heavier than the original one but will use it as a sample for postage purposes. The suggestion to remove the packaging is smart but keep in mind that it gives pictures of Buff use. What I could do is take a picture of it and post for all to see.

The count as of tonight is 42 but there are quite a few members who expressed interest but have not yet contacted me with their details.

Would the following members please send me a pm (conversation) with your email address and confirmation of a paypal account. Also let me know how many you would like if you have not yet done so.

@alicia
@indyrem
@Packinglight
@susanawee
@AZgirl
@Saint Mike II
@DurhamParish
@Charles Friedrichs
@Runa Gunnarsdottir
@drvnsmiln

Tomorrow I will post postage fees. I have a fleece Buff which is slightly heavier than the original one but will use it as a sample for postage purposes. The suggestion to remove the packaging is smart but keep in mind that it gives pictures of Buff use. What I could do is take a picture of it and post for all to see.

Lee:

Posting a photo of the Buff on the package image of how to wear the Buff might help. But, I recommend you just send a message containing the link to any one of many "You Tube" videos on how to wear a Buff. There are several on the forum too. For example, here are the results for a "You Tube" search on "How to Wear a Buff:"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+wear+a+buff&sm=1

While I am on the subject of "naked" Buffs, I wonder if there would be any savings on the front end, less work for you, and some fractional environmental savings (like we kill one less tree) if the Buff Company in Barcelona could mail you the completed custom Buff without packaging. Through them in a one-liter zip lock bag to protect in transit and toss it in an envelope. We can reuse the plastic bag. Just thinkin out loud...

I hope this helps.

Let's not complicate Lee's role in getting the Buffs ordered for those that want them.
It took over a month for her to get any reply from Buff. Going back now with new ideas would not seem to be productive.

Final update, pricing and postage

Just off the phone with the Buff distributor. We can not avoid the VAT so the final price is as follows for the original (not fleece option):

5o units: 13.33 + 3.95 (postage+envelope)= total 17.28 euros

75 units: 10.88 + 3.95 (postage+envelope)= total 14.83 euros

Payment will be made via Paypal.

These prices are quite competitive for the original Buff as I would need to pay 15.95 if I bought one in the store here in The Netherlands.

Postage to the U.S., Canada, NZ, Australia and within Europe is 3.15 euros (without Buff packaging), the envelope is .80 eurocents (bubblewrap for protection). Postage within The Netherlands is 1.92 so if there are any Dutch takers the final price would be a few euros cheaper.

I have received as of today an initial request for 53 units (from 25 members). Now that the final price is known please confirm to me again your request including number of Buffs desired. I can only make an order if I have the minimum of 50 units. Also please note that once the order is made I can not increase the amount. Meaning that if you did not order initially you will have to wait until another 50 units can be ordered.

Buff has advised me that once they receive the order I will be emailed a picture of the prototype to approve. On agreement the product can be shipped within 2-3 weeks.

I hope that I have not forgotten anything.

@ivar FYI

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
That' s OK with me Lee thanks again ,how many more orders do we need?

LT, confirming my PM yesterday, I will be taking 5 buffs.

Thanks again

Seamus

I would like one (1) please and have a pay pal account, thank you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Lee:

Posting a photo of the Buff on the package image of how to wear the Buff might help. But, I recommend you just send a message containing the link to any one of many "You Tube" videos on how to wear a Buff. There are several on the forum too. For example, here are the results for a "You Tube" search on "How to Wear a Buff:"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how to wear a buff&sm=1

While I am on the subject of "naked" Buffs, I wonder if there would be any savings on the front end, less work for you, and some fractional environmental savings (like we kill one less tree) if the Buff Company in Barcelona could mail you the completed custom Buff without packaging. Through them in a one-liter zip lock bag to protect in transit and toss it in an envelope. We can reuse the plastic bag. Just thinkin out loud...

I hope this helps.

Good idea !

Let's not complicate Lee's role in getting the Buffs ordered for those that want them.
It took over a month for her to get any reply from Buff. Going back now with new ideas would not seem to be productive.

I do not disagree. Plus, for so small a number, I rather suspect the company would not change their method of operation to delete the packaging. Also, postage may be less onerous if shipping to another European address (e.g. Susanna from Sweden) than across the globe.

In that spirit, here is some more information for Lee to consider. I have a new, plain Buff. Last evening I weighed it. The "naked" Buff weighs just 36 grams. Placed in a one-quart Ziploc bag, it weighs 46 grams. Lee mentioned having a polar fleece to weigh for comparison or reference purposes. I offer these facts for parallel consideration.

The notion of stripping the packaging only makes sense if it affects the international postage significantly, one euro plus or minus will not break the proverbial bank. However, 4 or 5 Euros more might make a difference to some. Whatever Lee's decision is, is okay by me. The You Tube videos will still be out there...;)

P.S. I think we covered this in a PM, but I am still interested in THREE and I have PayPal account.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
FYI since I had the Buff distributor on the phone I asked if the packaging could be removed. The answer was no, as it is part of the production process.

Re postage fees: the Buffs will be sent as a "letter" to keep the fees down. Rather than in a plain envelope, I have chosen one with a bubble wrapping interior to safeguard the Buff. I do not forsee the final postage fees to be different from that which I have quoted. If they are more (due to packaging) than I will remove the cardboard piece and send alone.

FYI since I had the Buff distributor on the phone I asked if the packaging could be removed. The answer was no, as it is part of the production process.

Re postage fees: the Buffs will be sent as a "letter" to keep the fees down. Rather than in a plain envelope, I have chosen one with a bubble wrapping interior to safeguard the Buff. I do not forsee the final postage fees to be different from that which I have quoted. If they are more (due to packaging) than I will remove the cardboard piece and send alone.

Oki doki. Done deal. Just tell me what your PayPal account is and the money for three buffs will go there the same day. The only thing I will need to know is if it is at the 50 unit price or the 75 unit price.

Thank you for doing this.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I sent a note to Ivar, but the "Buy Now" button on the new resource page defaults to one Buff. It does not permit changing the number to two or more. Stay tuned...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ivar has helped me out and made it possible to pay directly into my Paypal account through the forum. Here is where it can be done: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-equipment.26/. I just received two payments and confirmations from Paypal so it does work.

Many of you wish to order more than one. That is fine but at this point you will need to place multiple orders (ie place each order separately) as the amount can not be adjusted.

For all members that have contacted me today or earlier please place/pay for the order using the above link. Buff requires me to pay in full when the order is made.

Thanks @ivar for all your help!

Thank you Lee for your persistence and hard work not forgetting patience in getting this together and Ivar for his helping hand over payments.

Just ordered one. Thanks Lee and thanks Ivar. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

20 Buffs paid in full.
Hopefully I can place the order soon.
When making payment through Paybal please advise me if your forum name is different from the payment name.
I received 2 payments and I can't match with forum names. If you paid (but did not pm or email me) don't worry you will still receive a Buff but please advise me via a pm/conversation to keep my records in order.
Thanks guys!

You know, with this getting moved from the Equipment forum, I would never have known they were available if I weren't stuck in the house by flooding and bored enough to start meandering through the Resources forum, so it might be nice if the mods would let you post a notice in the regular equipment forum for others, like me, who wouldn't have thought to look here.

Thanks for your comment pudgypilgrim but the original thread is still visible in the Equipment section. I just checked and although you see N/A if you click on the title it redirects you to the Resources section.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for your comment pudgypilgrim but the original thread is still visible in the Equipment section. I just checked and although you see N/A if you click on the title it redirects you to the Resources section.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes, the link is there, but it doesn't show that there have been any new posts since it was moved. When I look for the new post dot, it doesn't appear for moved threads--they show new posts in the forum list where they got moved.

@ LTfit, Cheers link worked ok for me, paid for one (1) buff on paypal.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@ LTfit, Cheers link worked ok for me, paid for one (1) buff on paypal.

Go to this web link for a look: http://www.buffwear.com/

Simply stated, a Buff is a tube of poly material that keeps you warm in the cold, cool in the heat, can be used as a hand towel, and can be worn about 7 or 8 ways. They are very popular on the Camino as they weigh only 36 grams, can be hand-washed, and they dry wicked fast too. Also, they are produced in Barcelona, Spain.

To learn how to wear a Buff, go here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how to wear a buff&sm=1

Enjoy!

So far 36 payments received so we are well on our way to the min of 50 needed to place an order (I need to pay upfront).

Forum names are quite often different from real life names and unless you give me your forum name it is hard or impossible for me to match orders. This also holds true for 2 payments made yesterday (1x Roger... and 1x Barbara...). I do not want to post last names so please pm me. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
So far 36 payments received so we are well on our way to the min of 50 needed to place an order (I need to pay upfront).

Forum names are quite often different from real life names and unless you give me your forum name it is hard or impossible for me to match orders. This also holds true for 2 payments made yesterday (1x Roger... and 1x Barbara...). I do not want to post last names so please pm me. Thanks for your help!

Hi! I would like to order two Buffs. I have a PayPal account. I'm not sure how to PM you, so I'll ask here: Do I click the PayPal button and order now? Can I order two at the same time through PayPal? (I ask because I clicked on the number 1 to update quantities, and it wouldn't allow me to enter 2.)
~P3nny
Thank you for the work you put into pulling this together.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We have reached the 50 units required to order! I will contact Buff on Monday with the final amount so that they can start the ball rolling.

Are all the Buffs 'spoken for'? Is it too late to order one and make a payment?

Are all the Buffs 'spoken for'? Is it too late to order one and make a payment?

Siobhan:

It is my understanding that you just go ahead and click on the "Buy now for 17.28" (or whatever the amount is) button. That will take you to a PayPal payment page. You login to your PayPal account and make the purchase. As I wanted three of these Buffs, I had to do three separate purchases.

We were informed here in the forum that anyone who did not speak up before Monday (13/01) would have to wait until the NEXT tranche of at least 50 orders accumulated. But, if you act, like now, I think you are okay. At the very worst, you will be included in the second tranche.

Last year, when these Buffs were first designed and ordered, people heard about it late and asked for months to be included. Now, Ivar has set up the button in the Resource section, so anyone can continue to order one or more of these unique Buffs. Every time 50 or more orders are received, another batch will be ordered.

At least that is what I put together from all the conversations going back and forth.

I hope this helps.

Siobhan:

It is my understanding that you just go ahead and click on the "Buy now for 17.28" (or whatever the amount is) button. That will take you to a PayPal payment page. You login to your PayPal account and make the purchase. As I wanted three of these Buffs, I had to do three separate purchases.

We were informed here in the forum that anyone who did not speak up before Monday (13/01) would have to wait until the NEXT tranche of at least 50 orders accumulated. But, if you act, like now, I think you are okay. At the very worst, you will be included in the second tranche.

Last year, when these Buffs were first designed and ordered, people heard about it late and asked for months to be included. Now, Ivar has set up the button in the Resource section, so anyone can continue to order one or more of these unique Buffs. Every time 50 or more orders are received, another batch will be ordered.

At least that is what I put together from all the conversations going back and forth.

I hope this helps.

I have ordered one so I hope I'm included in the 50 :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Siobhan,
All is well. Payment received and you should have received a pm from me confirming this.
As I previously mentioned, I will put in the order on Monday.

NOTE: I still can't reconcile 3 orders (PayPal payment name does not correspond with forum name and you haven't PM'd me or I can't match):
Laurie from California (this am)
Roger from the UK (9 Jan)
Barbara from from Florida (9 Jan)
As I have addresses the Buffs will be sent out upon receipt but the information helps me to match.

Sending you all sun from The Netherlands!

I have just gone through all my records, pm's and confirmations from Paypal and there are three members who expressed interest (in this thread or via pm) but whom have yet to place an order. That is fine of course but I just want to make sure that those that want one indeed get one. They are:
@indyrem
@Packinglight
@AZgirl
Let me know guys!

I have just gone through all my records, pm's and confirmations from Paypal and there are three members who expressed interest (in this thread or via pm) but whom have yet to place an order. That is fine of course but I just want to make sure that those that want one indeed get one. They are:
@indyrem
@Packinglight
@AZgirl
Let me know guys!
Dear LT and all other Buff lovers.
I am so humbled that my Buff design is once again creating a great deal of interest among my Brother and Sister Pilgrims around the world. Who knew. LT I congratulate you on getting through to Buff, I gave up. When I was mailing them, I asked the buyer if they wanted the cardboard holder. 99% said no as it ment that the cost of shipping was greater. I took the cloth off the cardboard and just folded the buff and poped it into a regular legal size envelope or into a 7X10.5 inch envelope if there was more than one. Anyway, play around with the mailing package. You can save postage costs.
Good for you for doing this,
Beverley

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hey Beverley! Good to see you here. Thanks to you we are able to order them again. It took a bit of patience but in the end it was worth it.

Thanks for your advice regarding postage. The price I quoted is indeed without the cardboard holder. I found a small envelope with a bubble liner which will work well. I will be sending them out to Australia, Europe (even Island) and North America and want to be sure that they arrive in one piece.

If you pm me your address I will send you a new one to thank you for providing this service the first time around.
Cheers

Wow, the site is so different now please send info on how I PM you:confused:, you can PM me this assistance if you like

Yes things have changed indeed! PM is now called Private Conversation (see the top of the page). Click then click again on 'start a new conversation'. Under 'participants' write the forum name of the person you want to pm.
But since we already have had PM contact I suggest that you click on 'Inbox' in the top right corner of the page and search for our previous 'conversation'. Now you can write a message.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Order placed with Buff! I will keep you updated on delivery here.

I still have three orders that I can not link to forum names/members. Please pm me so that I can reconcile my records:
Laura from California
Roger from the U.K.
Jacques-Daniel from Switzerland

Buff update: Spoke to Buff yesterday and the Buff should be delivered within a week. I will keep you all posted on shipment once they arrive here.

There is interest in a second batch (people from the APOC facebook page) and I have referred 18 people thus far to the forum. To date I have 12 new orders. I asked Buff if I could increase the amount in the first batch but this is not possible as they are now in production so I am starting a second batch of 50. If there are any members interested in getting one please look up the link in resources: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

Can't wait to see how they look!

Final update, pricing and postage

Just off the phone with the Buff distributor. We can not avoid the VAT so the final price is as follows for the original (not fleece option):

5o units: 13.33 + 3.95 (postage+envelope)= total 17.28 euros

75 units: 10.88 + 3.95 (postage+envelope)= total 14.83 euros

Payment will be made via Paypal.

These prices are quite competitive for the original Buff as I would need to pay 15.95 if I bought one in the store here in The Netherlands.

Postage to the U.S., Canada, NZ, Australia and within Europe is 3.15 euros (without Buff packaging), the envelope is .80 eurocents (bubblewrap for protection). Postage within The Netherlands is 1.92 so if there are any Dutch takers the final price would be a few euros cheaper.

I have received as of today an initial request for 53 units (from 25 members). Now that the final price is known please confirm to me again your request including number of Buffs desired. I can only make an order if I have the minimum of 50 units. Also please note that once the order is made I can not increase the amount. Meaning that if you did not order initially you will have to wait until another 50 units can be ordered.

Buff has advised me that once they receive the order I will be emailed a picture of the prototype to approve. On agreement the product can be shipped within 2-3 weeks.

I hope that I have not forgotten anything.

@ivar FYI
Hi....just a small question........I have ordered and paid (via Pay Pal) for one of these Buffs.....just wondering when the Buffs would be ready and, could you please give me an estimate of time I can expect delivery....Regards Susanawee....just getting all my pack organised and ready for my walk in April...

Hi....just a small question........I have ordered and paid (via Pay Pal) for one of these Buffs.....just wondering when the Buffs would be ready and, could you please give me an estimate of time I can expect delivery....Regards Susanawee....just getting all my pack organised and ready for my walk in April...
Hi @susanawee

You will have your Buff in time for your Camino. According to my last contact with Buff they should arrive this week but they won't be sent out before the end of February unless they arrive before Saturday (I leave for Sevilla next Monday to walk part of the Vía de la Plata).

I will post expected shipment dates here as soon as I have the information.

Note to all members who ordered one or more Buffs: the postage price of 3,95 euros is based on one Buff in a bubble envelope without packaging. Besides @Susannafromsweden is there anyone else that wants the packaging? If I don't hear from you than all Buffs will be sent out "naked".

Sending you sun from The Netherlands. Off to take a walk.

Hi @susanawee

You will have your Buff in time for your Camino. According to my last contact with Buff they should arrive this week but they won't be sent out before the end of February unless they arrive before Saturday (I leave for Sevilla next Monday to walk part of the Vía de la Plata).

I will post expected shipment dates here as soon as I have the information.

Note to all members who ordered one or more Buffs: the postage price of 3,95 euros is based on one Buff in a bubble envelope without packaging. Besides @Susannafromsweden is there anyone else that wants the packaging? If I don't hear from you than all Buffs will be sent out "naked".

Sending you sun from The Netherlands. Off to take a walk.
Thankyou very much for this reply......I am happy to receive my Buff 'sans' the packaging......Happy and safe travels to you as you undertake this journey along the Via del

LT, don't want to make things awkward but grateful if not too inconvenient, you could send my 5 buffs as one single package with the packaging as received from the supplier, don't know how that will affect the postage cost but if more than €19.75, PM me the details of the extra cost and I will forward to you by registered post.

Enjoy your winter camino.

Seamus

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
LTfit - hola. I sent you a PM today as I have not received my Camino Buff. When were the ones for pilgrims in Australia expected to be delivered??

LTfit - hola. I sent you a PM today as I have not received my Camino Buff. When were the ones for pilgrims in Australia expected to be delivered??

LT said a few posts before this one on 2nd Feb:
Hi....
You will have your Buff in time for your Camino(April). According to my last contact with Buff they should arrive this week but they won't be sent out before the end of February unless they arrive before Saturday (I leave for Sevilla next Monday to walk part of the Vía de la Plata).

Hope this helps St Mike ii

I would be interested in purchasing 2 buffs.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would be interested in purchasing 2 buffs.

Hi Jacqueline the first batch of 50 have been ordered and spoken for LT is sending them out on her return from doing the Vía de la Plata not sure when she is back though. But if you click on LTfit (photo/ avatar) then (start Conversation) tell her of your interest in buying two buffs she won't miss your message. You may have to wait a few days for her to reply if she isn't already back.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me out pilgrim b. I am indeed still in Spain and return home on March 3. The Buffs should be there waiting for me.
Hey glad to hear from you I am pretty sure you are having a very special time regardless of the weather, hope that even that, is been kind to you
Buen Camino Lee

Hello Buffers,
The process of sending out the Buffs started today. I am running down the list according to receipt of payment. They are going out to all parts of the world and I don't know how long it will take to get to you. Obviously those in Europe will receive it first. Unless otherwise stipulated, they will be sent out without the packaging. The price of postage with the packaging is twice that without and the price I quoted was for a 'naked' Buff.
I will post a picture later.
Cheers,
LT

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.