• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bug Spray

JustRob

I'm trying to determine if I will need to bring insect repellant, and was wondering if anyone had any issues with insects (i.e. mosquitos & ticks, not bed bugs) during their trip.

Some U.S. suppliers sell what amounts to a "flea colar" for humans that uses natural products and works for several days. I'm unsure, however, as to whether it would work against bedbugs.

Some of you may also be familiar with Permanone, a long lasting insect repellant that is applied to external clothing and is effective for several months. It is a valuable asset when hiking certain areas here in the U.S. It is not, however, recommended for sleeping bags.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
JustRob,

I have not had much experience with mosquitos or bugs on the Camino Frances. You may have a bit more on the Northern Coast in certain months, but even so it is not too bad.

Good luck and buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum