• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos for a rest .

Hiawatha

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean Pied de Port - Finisterra 2017
GR70 France 2018
Via Francigena 2019
I want to stay in Burgos for a day to rest up and divest myself of my cousin the ' speed demon ' , determined to gain the yellow jersey on the Camino. He is so happy to be the fastest walker that he still doesn't realise just what he's missed on the way .
Suggestions as to where to stay for two nights and the nicest things to see while there would be welcome.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Charles,

I can highly recommend this hotel : http://www.hotelnorteylondres.com-burgos.com/
Very charming and central.

Of course the cathedral is worth a visit but I just prefer to stroll around town and take in the atmosphere.
Finding a shaded plaza and watch the world go by. I do prefer Leon to Burgos but that is just my opinion....

The tapasbars are lovely in Burgos...Find your own favourite...:);)

Here is link for more information.
http://www.foodswinesfromspain.com/...es/products/more-about-products/4694425.html#

Enjoy!!

Totally agree on the tapas ! I also enjoyed visiting the museum with the exhibition on the ancient human remaints that were discovered near
Atapuerca. Felt fascinated about this while walking through Atapuerca, and it was nice to learn more about this in Burgos.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Burgos, has a number of small museums that you bump into while walking. I also took local buses around town as a self-guided tour. Great way to see a city without tourist drama.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
... and divest myself of my cousin the ' speed demon ' , determined to gain the yellow jersey on the Camino. He is so happy to be the fastest walker that he still doesn't realise just what he's missed on the way ...

Just smile and let him do the Camino his way and enjoy the outstanding tapas here: http://laquintadelmonje.com/index.php/en/

Buen Camino, SY

The Cathederal of Burgos is truely astonishing, The burial place of El Cid, one of Spains most important figures. There is so much to see that you could easily spend the whole day there.
The Museum of human evolution is unique and facinating.
Enjoy a coffee or a glass wine in one of the many bars.
Or just simply walk around and soak in the flair of this wonderful city.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I enjoyed Meson del Cid as well. If you go there take the €10 premium fee to get a Cathedral view. We did and will never regret that amazing morning...!
We did not stay at the El Cid so we can't comment on the quality of the lodgings, but please avoid the restaurant Meson del Cid nearby. We had a wonderful meal there 20 years ago so went again on our camino 2 years ago and were most disappointed. They were clearly resting on their laurels. We found much better food nearby at our next meal. In addition to the cathedral, take a walk along the Paseo Espolon down by the river in the evening. If you would like to understand the retablos from the churches a bit better, there is a nice retablo museum in the former Chiesa de San Esteban. The monastery (c0nvent) de las Huelgas tour was quite interesting. It is out near the university.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
remember to get the cheaper ticket for the cathedral on presentation of your credential

I want to stay in Burgos for a day to rest up and divest myself of my cousin the ' speed demon ' , determined to gain the yellow jersey on the Camino. He is so happy to be the fastest walker that he still doesn't realise just what he's missed on the way .
Suggestions as to where to stay for two nights and the nicest things to see while there would be welcome.
We visited the museum of human evolution for over three hours and still hadn't seen half of it, really fascinating, great building too. We only stopped as so tired after a long day the day before. Highly reccomended, enjoy.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks to all :) Some great suggestions .
A very wet and exhausting Saturday in Burgos. Whomever designed the pavement leading into this town clearly did not have pilgrim's feet in mind !
The only advantage is that it also slowed the " flash " down to a jog trot !
Some pertinent information from locals at Orbanesa Riopico, the river path into Burgos has flooded and is knee deep in water .

I want to stay in Burgos for a day to rest up ...
In Burgos you'll find one of the best restaurants on the Camino Frances, El Morito. I've been there three times, once in the company of a chef who really loved it. And don't miss their desserts, the white chocolate soup is to die for!

It is close to the cathedral, but you'll have to ask a local for the way, unless this link helps:

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Me...5897e0ba38567f9!8m2!3d42.3407381!4d-3.7030309

Would make the same hotel recommendations as SabineP. The norteylondres is very nice, quiet, and had very good breakfasts (when I stayed there 2 years ago). It's just a short walk to the main square where there are restaurants galore (totally touristy but ok on the square - better off the square). Make sure you see the cathedral.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Would make the same hotel recommendations as SabineP. The norteylondres is very nice, quiet, and had very good breakfasts (when I stayed there 2 years ago). It's just a short walk to the main square where there are restaurants galore (totally touristy but ok on the square - better off the square). Make sure you see the cathedral.

I stayed there and liked it on a Friday night, but it was very noisy on Saturday night -- lots of loud partying on the plaza out front. That's where my room faced.

I have just returned from visiting the cathedral , it is everything said of it . Certainly worth the E4.50 admission. Fifty cents off for presenting your Credencial.
I left with a sore neck and dry tongue. Why? I spent two hours head back, looking up at the ceiling with my mouth agape in wonder.

We had an insanely good hamburger (I know!) at the Hamburgueseria just to the left of the Arco de Santa Maria gate when the river is at your back, as you face the gate just look left. We also very much enjoyed the El 22 Vino Y Tapa down Calle Paloma from the cathedral. We were looking for a touch of privacy and luxury after weeks of albergues, so we stayed the Marriott just a block down from the Hamburgueseria. Cheap price compared to US hotel pricing we're used to and excellent room overlooking the river.

Attachments

• 20140923_130935.jpg
    20140923_130935.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 9
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks to all :) Some great suggestions .
A very wet and exhausting Saturday in Burgos. Whomever designed the pavement leading into this town clearly did not have pilgrim's feet in mind !
The only advantage is that it also slowed the " flash " down to a jog trot !
Some pertinent information from locals at Orbanesa Riopico, the river path into Burgos has flooded and is knee deep in water .
Hi Charles!!
Glad you are doing well. I enjoyed hanging out with you and Charlie back in Orrison. I like reading your posts from the Camino!
Buen Camino!
Mike

The Cathederal of Burgos is truely astonishing, The burial place of El Cid, one of Spains most important figures. There is so much to see that you could easily spend the whole day there.
The Museum of human evolution is unique and facinating.
Enjoy a coffee or a glass wine in one of the many bars.
Or just simply walk around and soak in the flair of this wonderful city.

100% don't miss the Museum of Human Evolution. It's fantastic.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.