• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Molinaseca to El Acebo?

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
Does anyone know if there is a west-bound bus that stops in Molinaseca and also makes stops up the "hill"?
It rained hard today and I was COLD after the trek from Rabanal so I decided to taxi from Cruz de Ferro to Molinaseca . I was hoping to restart tomorrow near Cruz de Ferro, thinking there would be bus service but I don't see bus service going west over the mountain.
I hate to pay another 35EU to the taxi.
Does anyone know or do you know where I can check online?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Marska,
Have you asked your host wherever you are staying for bus info? If no one is available then you might ask at the best resto and/or hotel in town for bus info. The Restaurante Casa Ramón, Pl. Ángeles Balboa, 2, is a centrally located upmarket place open on Sunday where you might ask.

Good luck and Buen camino.

I have walked the road from Cruz de Ferro down into Molinaseca a few times and don't ever remember seeing a bus passing.. if you are hell bent on going back up there, I think taxi only..

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Nursing a hurt foot in Sept 2021 I taxied down from El Acebo to Molinaseca. Driver charged me and another pilgrim E 10 each, and proved to be vey pleasant fellow -- a Molinaseca native. "Taxi Molinaseca Luis, +34-671-708-070." Can recommend w/o reservation.

Glad to see that you're hanging in, there!

Last edited:
Nursing a hurt foot in Sept 2021 I taxied down from El Acebo to Molinaseca. Driver charged me and another pilgrim E 10 each, and proved to be vey pleasant fellow -- a Molinaseca native. "Taxi Molinaseca Luis, +34-671-708-070." Can recommend w/o reservation.

I usef Luis' taxi service just a few days ago. He is great. You can contact him by What's App and he is very responsive. He was recommended to me by another pilgrim.

Thanks all! Yes it seems the only way is by taxi. I asked around and it seems no bus- at least for tomorrow. Thanks for the responses!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I strongly reccomnend Luis! He really is awesome - friendly and enjoys helping pilgrims. I told him he has a following in the forum. He laughed! 😄

Thanks for that information

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back