• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from PNA to Tiebas?

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
Can anyone confirm that there is a bus from the Pamplona airport to Tiebas?
R2R shows that there are buses several times a day run by the company Inter-Arriaga S.L. but I am unable to access the website for this company. I keep getting an error. Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can not confirm the bus. However you might email the Tiebas albergue for bus info. Here is their contact cited currently by Gonze alberguetiebas@hotmail.es.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You are starting your walk in Tiebas?!?!?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, there is. Try this bus service:

BTW, I found the above by searching for Pamplona Bus Station and there using Destinos in the three bar menu. Then I searched the text for Tiebas. Only one bus line had it listed.
Rick, I cant seem to replicate. Does the bus go from the bus station to Tiebas or from PNA to Tiebas?
When searching for the airport as a place of departure Ive tried "pamplona airport", "PNA", and "Noain" but nothing comes up.
MSPath - good idea! I'll email them the albergue

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Rick, I cant seem to replicate. Does the bus go from the bus station to Tiebas or from PNA to Tiebas?
When searching for the airport as a place of departure Ive tried "pamplona airport", "PNA", and "Noain" but nothing comes up.
MSPath - good idea! I'll email them the albergue
What I found on interbus.es was a bus leaving from the Pamplona bus station. The website does show a bus leaving from Noáin, Calle Real 22 and Tiebas is a destination but it didn't find anything for either the 24th or the 28th of this month. Try your own date.

I don't think there is any longer bus service directly to or from the airport but there is a way to call a cab to bring you to the bus station at a bus fare. The main road outside the airport (Calle Real) has bus stops for Pamplona (or Nosing in the opposite direction). You have to walk a bit once you get to the road though. Head to Noáin for a bus though, StreetView shows it looking like a nicer and safer walk. Pamplona's bus line #16 that serves Noáin also serves Berián a hour and a half walk away from Tiebas. Besides using Google Maps see https://infotuc.es/index.php/es/horarios-y-recorridos/linea/16

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Still nothing
Marska: There is no bus within the Pamplona Airport itself (though you could walk to bus connections 1 - 2 kilometers away, as Google Maps outlines -- see below). If you go to the airport website, you will see that the only way to get there directly is by car or by taxi. https://www.aena.es/en/pamplona.html.

(Many reviewers also comment on the lack of buses: Click on this link, then on "Reviews", then on "Buses": https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=Pamplona Airport (PNA), Carr. del Aeropuerto, 31110 Noáin, Navarra, Spain&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#lkt=LocalPoiReviews&lpg=cid:CgIgAQ==&topic=mid:/m/01bjv).

But If you don't want to take a taxi, and you don't want to walk all the way to Tiebas following the track that @trecile outlined, Google maps describes bus options that start 1 to 2 kilometers away from the airport, and will get you to Tiebas in 45-60 minutes. For specifics, simply input Pamplona Airport and Tiebas using the public transit option for Google maps. In brief, this route involves a walk of approximately 1 k from the airport to a roundabout, where you pick up the L16 bus to Noian, where you then change for the Lerin bus to Tiebas. You could also walk directly to Noian from the airport (approx. 2k), and pick up the Lerin bus, thus avoiding the transfer. Google maps also includes links to the websites of the relevant bus companies.

(If I were doing this, though, I'd simply avoid the hassle and jump in a taxi at the taxi stand. But chacun a son gout).

As others have commented, Tiebas is a cute (and quiet) little town, with a comfortable modern albergue and a lively bar / restaurant, and on the way to Puente La Reina the next day, you get to stop at the gorgeous chapel at Santa Maria de Eunate. Not a bad starting point at all, especially if you want to avoid the crowds out of Pamplona and the climb up to Alto del Perdon.

Last edited:
I remember when I walked the Aragonés years ago, we stopped in the Tiebas albergue to look around. The hospitalero told us he was happy to let pilgrims spend a few days there and bus in and out to the San Fermín fiestas. He told us there were regular buses because Tiebas is sort of a “bedroom community” of Pamplona. Timetable here.

According to the Pamplona airport website, there is no bus into Pamplona, confirming what @andycohn says. It apparently stopped running in 2019.

He told us there were regular buses because Tiebas is sort of a “bedroom community” of Pamplona. Timetable here.
Sorry, that link is old and not found (it had a 2022 date in its URL too). Poking around the website a bit I saw CONDA mentioned so I went to alsa.es (conda.es redirects there) and entered Pamplona to Tiebas with a future date. ALSA then redirected to movelia.es to show many departures during the day on the InterBus line. Fare: 1.45€

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
According to the Pamplona airport website, there is no bus into Pamplona, confirming what @andycohn says. It apparently stopped running in 2019.

The following webpage dates to 2019 and says bus line A now does not run to the airport (Laurie gets a gold star). Line A used to connect the airport and the bus station and train station. The webpage does mention that you can get taxis at the bus fare rate (0.70€) and where you get the cabs, ida y vuelta. I hope the webpage isn't outdated and somehow left up. BTW, Infotuc is Pamplona's transportation system, they have an amazing website.

https://www.infotuc.es/index.php/es...aciones-aeropuerto-dejara-de-prestar-servicio

One gold star and one demerit is about par for the course for me.😀
Two stars 💫. Your post led to the finding of the missing InterBus schedule.

P.S., I looks like ALSA uses the Movelia website to find indirect connections (e.g., A to B then another line to C) or connections completed without using ALSA. I see it also uses trains in addition to buses. Also, for English language pages go to movelia.es/en

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Two stars 💫. Your post led to the finding of the missing InterBus schedule.

P.S., I looks like ALSA uses the Movelia website to find indirect connections (e.g., A to B then another line to C) or connections completed without using ALSA. I see it also uses trains in addition to buses. Also, for English language pages go to movelia.es/en
Lots of info in this thread! Everyone has done a lot of digging and hopefully other Pilgrims will benefit. It seems odd that it is so difficult to obtain accurate information about this basic service - however if my Spanish were better I'm sure it would be a lot more simple.

Hola - I received a reply from the Office of Tourism in Pamplona:

"Puedes ir a Tiebas en autobús desde Noáin o desde Pamplona, pero no desde el aeropuerto.

Esta es la compañía de autobús, donde podrás ver los horarios y precios: https://nbus.navarra.es/es/

Para ir a Pamplona hay un precio especial para ir desde el aeropuerto al centro de Pamplona (0,80 €).

Pero la otra opción es ir en taxi desde el aeropuerto a Tiebas, llamando al teléfono 948 23 23 00."

----Translation;

You can go to Tiebas by bus from Noáin or from Pamplona, but not from the airport.

This is the bus company, where you can see the schedules and prices: https://nbus.navarra.es/es/

To go to Pamplona there is a special price to go from the airport to the center of Pamplona (€0.80).

But the other option is to go by taxi from the airport to Tiebas, calling 948 23 23 00.

You may already know this, but from the airport to Noáin, where there is a bus stop for the bus to Tiebas, is only 2 km. Google streetview shows a narrow road with very little shoulder, so I’m not sure I’d try it, but there is not likely to be much traffic on the airport road till you get to PA-31, the main road into Pamplona. But at that point you will soon be able to move over to a more local road into Noáin.

Going into Pamplona and then back out again past the airport and on to Tiebas seems like a way to turn a short distance into a long trip, because Tiebas is only 10 km from the airport.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi L! Yes, I agree with you...and I greatly appreciate the wonderful advice you have given me over the past year.

The most practical path is to taxi to Tiebas I'm afraid.

I hope this information is helpful to others.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back