Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Bus, Spain and some thoughts

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Just as an anecdote, my wife is on here way to Lugo with the bus today to teach a class....

... she just called me... the bus driver has stopped the bus in Melide, he decided that he needed a coffee so the passengers just need to wait. The passengers are now waiting in the bus while the bus driver is having a coffee.

Now this is a bit extreme, but...
1) while traveling in Spain you can not be in a hurry.
2) do not plan on tight connection times between busses or busses/planes.

... and maybe join the bus driver for his coffee. :)

Have a good Wednesday,
Ivar

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
I have found, journeying around the world, that there are two types of travel: the functional type, where travel is a means of getting from A to B according to a predefined schedule; and the 'travel to broaden the mind' type, where anything can happen. We expect it always to be the 1st type, and find it annoying at first when things don't go to plan, but the fun experiences are always when the unexpected happens. Travel in Spain used to be mainly of type 2, where you never knew what was going to happen, but ISTM it's now becoming more and more type 1 = boring.

I remember a similar experience on a train in N Italy once, where the driver got out at one place and disappeared for over an hour. Whether he fancied a meal, or had a girlfriend he simply had to visit, or . . .

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Travel

"There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign."
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg