• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de santiago from Norway

Adam morris

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago starting from Norway feb 2013
Hi all. I'm planning on travelling from Norway to Santiago, I can find lots of route maps for the Spanish part, but have not got a clue where to start and what route to follow from Norway. Please could anybody help. Once I've reached Santiago I will be heading south towards Gibraltar. Is there a route from Cadiz to Gibraltar that is accessible? I'm a very fit 30yr old, ex military and enjoy walking. The only other hike I've done is The West highland way in 2012 it took 4 days wild camping but is only 97 miles. Hope to here from you soon.
Many thanks Adam

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you use a search term like 'trondheim nidaros to santiago de compostela' it should bring up the thread of @lovingkindness' walk. Even if you are walking from elsewhere in Norway, it will give you a good idea of her route.

Regards,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This seems like a very hard challenge, but it's possible so I will complete it. I have no time restrictions so can enjoy the journey with a deadline. My mum lives in the South of Spain so that's my destination.....eventually!!!!
I could do with links to maps, if anybody has any.
Thank you
Adam

What a challenge, and what a walk that will be! Lovingkindness' description and photos are very inspiring. I was supposed to start in Oslo and walk to Nidaros (as some will have gathered from my nick, I am actually from Trondheim) this summer but sadly it has been postponed due to time restraints. If you need any help with things Norwegian I would be happy to help. Also there is some info in English on http://www.pilegrim.no/
And maybe you would like to join some other forum members from the North West for a meet-up in Manchester later this month? More here.

Buen long Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I met a Norse pilgrim on St Olav's Way who said he had walked from Trondheim to Santiago, and also from Trondheim to Rome. I recall that he claimed to have taken less time to @lovingkindness. He did not discuss the details of the route that he took. The Norse Pilgrims office may know of him and be able to give you details that will allow you to make contact with him.

If you Google jakobsweg - with or without an e on the end, you should also get a whole lot of info. Also the words chemin St jaques should also get you a lot of info. I'm on the Camino at present so can't dig out some of my links for you - sorry. There are pilgrim paths coming down through Denmark, Poland, the Czech republic, and stick a pin in a map of Germany and you will probably hit on one of the many jakobsweg's that criss cross the country. You could then choose whether you wanted to go down through Holland, Switzerland, or Austria, and from there it would be which path you wanted to follow through France! Good luck with your research. Janet

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back