Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Camino Etiquette

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I did this video on Camino Etiquette mainly for my walking groups.
I started a YouTube channel because it's easier for some people to see a video than to read a long post.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but thought I would share to get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
I realize it's quite opinionated but it may help some pilgrims to know what's expected of them.

Also, I realize there are a few mistakes in it, but I'm new to this and don't know how to correct mistakes without re-recording the entire video. One mistake is I say "It's a right" when I meant to say "It's a privilege." Also, in thinking about it, I don't think the sick person was in Ages, but I need to ask Joe where that was.

Anyway, be gentle;
I'm new at this video stuff.
Let me know if I need to add anything.
(I've updated the video)
Camino Etiquette

Last edited:
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Annie, I just finished watching your Youtube video. It is so exciting to "see you" and hear your voice after following your website for several years and reading many of your posts on the forum. I think you have covered all the bases very well.
By the way, you look great!

Last edited:

ranthr

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I loved your talk!
But for the comments about if you are not bringing your mother to clean up for you, if I walked with my sons or grandchildren, they would definitely have to clean up for themselves, and I would see to it.😘

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
It is definitely a Camino 101 or 201 for pilgrims. I made some comments on the video site, so I will leave it at that. She could easliy turn it into an hour long dissertation.
I didn't see your comments, and yes, it's 101. None of my pilgrims have walked before.

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
@Anniesantiago it's terrific - great job, you covered a lot. One thing I thought missing was "if your shoes, boots or sandals are dirty or muddy, take them off before you go into the bedroom and/or bathrooms". Mostly the albergues require it anyway, but sometimes there is nothing to remind people. For wearing inside I have a pair of lightweight shower slides but clean socks will do. I am a bit reluctant to leave my walking sandals in the rack outside (having very specific feet needs) so I put them into a dry bag and keep them under the bed or inside my pack.

Past OR future Camino
@Anniesantiago it's terrific - great job, you covered a lot. One thing I thought missing was "if your shoes, boots or sandals are dirty or muddy, take them off before you go into the bedroom and/or bathrooms". Mostly the albergues require it anyway, but sometimes there is nothing to remind people. For wearing inside I have a pair of lightweight shower slides but clean socks will do. I am a bit reluctant to leave my walking sandals in the rack outside (having very specific feet needs) so I put them into a dry bag and keep them under the bed or inside my pack.
I'll add that to my Facebook planning page, and if I re-do the video will add it. Thanks!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Socks

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I started a YouTube channel because it's easier for some people to see a video than to read a long post.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but thought I would share to get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
I realize it's quite opinionated but it may help some pilgrims to know what's expected of them.

Also, I realize there are a few mistakes in it, but I'm new to this and don't know how to correct mistakes without re-recording the entire video. One mistake is I say "It's a right" when I meant to say "It's a privilege." Also, in thinking about it, I don't think the sick person was in Ages, but I need to ask Joe where that was.

Anyway, be gentle;
Camino Etiquette
I’ll have to watch once home as limited wifi here on CF! But I know I’ll love it, and always a fan !!!! Thank you doing this!

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Annie
So good…. …. and deals with much of the stuff that the first timers just aren’t aware of. You’ve dealt with it so matter of factly. .
This is just what is needed. ‘You’ are followed by many people who don’t even know about the forum and as such wouldn’t have read many of the tips here. Maybe you could include in tips -that for questions they may have to also search the forum.
These are the people who need to be reached before they (may possibly) get wrong ideas from people they see along the way.

But I think you’ve done a splendid job on behalf of all of us that love the way. Thankyou.
By the way - You look a million dollars- you’ve recovered so well.

Buen camino

Past OR future Camino
Annie
So good…. …. and deals with much of the stuff that the first timers just aren’t aware of. You’ve dealt with it so matter of factly. .
This is just what is needed. ‘You’ are followed by many people who don’t even know about the forum and as such wouldn’t have read many of the tips here. Maybe you could include in tips -that for questions they may have to also search the forum.
These are the people who need to be reached before they (may possibly) get wrong ideas from people they see along the way.

But I think you’ve done a splendid job on behalf of all of us that love the way. Thankyou.
By the way - You look a million dollars- you’ve recovered so well.

Buen camino
Thanks so much!
I have a 2022 Camino Santiago Planning Facebook page and I do mention the Camino Forum often there, especially when people want to walk routes other than the Frances.

Linda Fantillo

RiverWalker
Past OR future Camino
September/October 14, May 17, September 18, MAY 2020
Thanks so much!
I have a 2022 Camino Santiago Planning Facebook page and I do mention the Camino Forum often there, especially when people want to walk routes other than the Frances.
Annie, have an unrelated question, how do I personal message you re Camino Aragon’s questions- thanks

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Paul Roby

Past OR future Camino
2016 France
2019 Portuguese

Anyway, be gentle;
Camino Etiquette
Video is or has been taken down 😭

Past OR future Camino
I reached it just now, via Annie’s original link on her opening post.

I’m assuming that it’s the updated version … it looks ‘new’, ie no comments below, as there were/was on the original.
Yep. I updated it just a tiny bit. I'm playing around with iMovie to try to make the videos a bit better. Now if I could only find a way to block out my busy, messy studio! lol!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Socks

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yep. I updated it just a tiny bit. I'm playing around with iMovie to try to make the videos a bit better. Now if I could only find a way to block out my busy, messy studio! lol!
I loved your studio background. It adds a nice personal touch as you are an awesome arist and crafter!

Heather MM

Past OR future Camino
A must watch for anyone starting a Camino. Thank you. Mind you it would be good advise for many tourists I see in other countries.

Last edited:

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)

Anyway, be gentle;
(I've updated the video)
Camino Etiquette
Really very good indeed. Nice to see you reinforce ‘you’re a visitor in someone else’s country’.

Keep them coming.

Perhaps you could team up with @Robo? His video production is professional standard.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Really very good indeed. Nice to see you reinforce ‘you’re a visitor in someone else’s country’.

Keep them coming.

Perhaps you could team up with @Robo? His video production is professional standard.
Henry's owner, I love the idea! I hope the two of them definitely "hook up".😅

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads