• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances ideas!

Birdielein

Time of past OR future Camino
Truncated Camino Frances Sept 2014 (250 kms)
Camino Portuguese (?) March 2015
Not a Camino but 450kms of the WWI western front Sept TBD
Hi All!

As some of you might know, I was doing a big WWI trek this september, but due to some spiralling costs, and some other disasters like being unable to take six weeks off work as a freelancer and still eat, it would appear I have to postpone my WWI trek to April. I had a huge think about it last night... (on that really exciting 3 hours sleep I had) and decided that it came down to changing my trip.

So I am going to do 4 weeks of the Camino de Santiago instead, which one can do for 25E a day comfortably, instead of my trip which was coming in at 65 on average. I am pretty gutted about it, but at the same time, doing the camino is really good training and and a pretty damn awesome second choice.

But the new issue is... I have about 4 weeks (slightly less) of Camino time... so where would you start for a comfortable walk?

Help! Help! Luckily I have all the gear, just need some starting tips! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Where you start rather depends on where you can travel to easily/with minimal cost? Pamploma maybe? (Then you will climb the Alto del Perdon on the first day, in my personal opinion a camino highlight and not something to miss)). Most guides say 24 days from there to SDC. Would that give you enough time to get to Pamploma and then back from SDC?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That might! I am flying into Madrid, and then will train to my starting point from there.

I am kind of a biiiig girl, so I don't want to make it tooooo gruelling. I am thinking of starting in Burgos. That is 500, and so 20 kms per day. I know I can do that. And if I do more, maybe I can continue on to Muxia!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Hi all, just a quickie. My friend is currently on the CF just after Burgos and has reported back to me that it's quite cold and damp. I plan to meet up with him mid May and I don't fancy walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back