• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances started SJPDP Nov 2021

heleno

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
Hola,
I am sad to discontinue my Camino Frances walk due to a death in my family. I must return immediately to Canada. I got lost on the trail a few times in the beginning. I must say getting lost is often when there is the most to learn about yourself and others. It’s when I build my courage to ask local people in their own language where I am and which way I should go. Sometimes it begins a conversation, an invitation, new insight into the culture. I walked to Burgos and the train to Santiago where I was gifted with the experience of staying i a monk’s room and the Pilgrim mass. I’m now in Porto feeling strange to be leaving on a plane tomorrow. I am now planning to come back! I think winter may not be the best time but I do have an open space in my life now and for the next few months. What is the warmest route I can return to do? Or should I wait until spring? I guess these are my answers I need to come up with but I enjoy hearing from others experience. I’m so glad I started and looking forward to walking again. Find me @caminoyogi or caminoyogi.Wordpress.com

Attachments

• 2401116A-991F-4BDC-BF78-6D4453686C6C.jpeg
    2401116A-991F-4BDC-BF78-6D4453686C6C.jpeg
    945.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1D1815D4-2645-4A78-9EB9-632FDBCD84C2.jpeg
    1D1815D4-2645-4A78-9EB9-632FDBCD84C2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 71C80E9D-5AE3-4FE9-B1F7-B87383758BA8.jpeg
    71C80E9D-5AE3-4FE9-B1F7-B87383758BA8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 230F7AAB-F542-4458-94B0-B4D07B950A47.jpeg
    230F7AAB-F542-4458-94B0-B4D07B950A47.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 7DA7EE17-4B36-4CE7-86A7-E3152A3A4198.jpeg
    7DA7EE17-4B36-4CE7-86A7-E3152A3A4198.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • D1EC8106-73F9-46A1-8E36-1EC82902B83E.jpeg
    D1EC8106-73F9-46A1-8E36-1EC82902B83E.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 39
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Condolences Helen.
I hope you do get to return and to finish your pilgrimage.
I found the best time for the Frances to be around April, May, June. However, there are forum members with much more experience than me, so you may get further good advice from others on this point.
I did Lisbon to Santiago in the summer months and it was very hot and hard going. Still enjoyed it immensely but had to avoid walking around midday. Too hot.

All the best with your journey and your pilgrimage.

So sorry for your loss. It is difficult enough to have to leave a camino prematurely, but to have to return because of the loss of a family member, is indeed a long, lonely journey…and a different pilgrimage. Know that many of us are praying for you and your family. Give yourself some time to sort things out. Take time. There will be many responses regarding routes to review. Sending hugs your way.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola,
I am sad to discontinue my Camino Frances walk due to a death in my family. I must return immediately to Canada. I got lost on the trail a few times in the beginning. I must say getting lost is often when there is the most to learn about yourself and others. It’s when I build my courage to ask local people in their own language where I am and which way I should go. Sometimes it begins a conversation, an invitation, new insight into the culture. I walked to Burgos and the train to Santiago where I was gifted with the experience of staying i a monk’s room and the Pilgrim mass. I’m now in Porto feeling strange to be leaving on a plane tomorrow. I am now planning to come back! I think winter may not be the best time but I do have an open space in my life now and for the next few months. What is the warmest route I can return to do? Or should I wait until spring? I guess these are my answers I need to come up with but I enjoy hearing from others experience. I’m so glad I started and looking forward to walking again. Find me @caminoyogi or caminoyogi.Wordpress.com
Be sorry for your loss and be grateful for what you have found. An odd kind of balance, I know. I've been there. Love, luck and buen camino.

samarkand.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I also had to leave a Camino due to a family death. Go home, take care of family affairs, and let the experience settle. Then you can pick the time that is most convenient for you - I have walked the Camino Frances in both early spring (March-April) and late fall (Oct-Nov) and both were excellent times to walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.