• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in November-travel/weather

ncali12

Last May my Camino was interrupted in Rabinal. So, I will return to the Camino at the end of October to continue walking--either from Leon or Rabinal. Does anyone know about getting to Leon or to Rabinal from London? When I left, I took a taxi to Astorga, bus to Madrid and plane to London. Returning, I would prefer to avoid Madrid unless that proves too difficult.

Secondly, I'm wonder what November is like along the last 1/3 of the Camino and if it will be hard to find auberges or places that are open. Anyone know?

Thanks
Ali

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You could fly Ryanair from Stansted to Valladolid and get a bus from the airport to Astorga.
The Alsa bus departs Aeropuerto Valladolid-villanub at 19:45 and arrives in Astorga 22:00 2h 15min 10.54€
You could spend a night and walk to Rabanal the next day.
The weather is unpredicatable! It could be snowing but it could also be beautiful!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Ali,

As Sil said the weather is unpredictable! You need to be prepared. Nights can be extremely cold with freezing rain or even snow in the mountains. Learn to read the sky for possible storms and take every precaution.

Not all albergues will be open, but the welcome at those albergues which are is often most sincere. Most will usually be heated and/or have blankets. Generally the hospitaleros know who is open on the next stage.

For many of my caminos I have continued walking through November into December. If you wish a list of those open albergues where I stayed send me a PM.

Buen Camino,

Margaret

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for the information about the flight from UK and bus to Astorga. I didn't know about those.

Margaret, what is a PM? :roll:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ali,

A PM is a private message to another member of the Forum. Click the PM marker beneath any avatar to write one, ie click it beneath my photo. I have done that to write you. Check your New Messages in the User Control Panelto quickly read and respond to any PMs that you receive.

Happy writing!

Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
Everybody who has walked the Camino Francés knows the albergue in Manjarin. An albergue for six pilgrims, without water and electricity, but full of hospitality. Tomás Martinez de Paz started...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back