Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Camino Marked from Vigo to Redondela?

Brian K

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis, Camino Portugues
Hi,
We will be starting our Camino from Vigo and walking to Redondela on the first day. Does anyone have any information on how well the Camino is marked coming out of Vigo. I know from my experience on the Frances that it's quite easy to get lost on your way out of some of the bigger cities and end up walking longer than needed. I looked in the Brierly guide and he does have a map but it's not great. Does anyone have an an alternative map? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Brian

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Past OR future Camino
From Braga to Santiago

Attachments

• CA07.RAMALLOSA-REDONDELA-Guiax2.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 17

Corned Beef

Past OR future Camino
C. Norte Sept/2022
Just a heads up that at about 4 miles out there is a split in the road. You'll see yellow and green wavy lines. That is the Senda del Agua which takes you around the coast rather than over the top. It's the one I took and it was very pleasant forest route.

"Furthermore, it’s a trail with no steep areas, making it ideal for hiking with children in Vigo."

Map and KML route here

Attachments

• Senda del Agua.jpg
    Senda del Agua.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Brian K

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis, Camino Portugues
Just a heads up that at about 4 miles out there is a split in the road. You'll see yellow and green wavy lines. That is the Senda del Agua which takes you around the coast rather than over the top. It's the one I took and it was very pleasant forest route.

"Furthermore, it’s a trail with no steep areas, making it ideal for hiking with children in Vigo."

Map and KML route here

Appreciate it. Will definitely consider this option!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Phil71

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese (2014,2016),Primitivo (2015), San Salvador (2017), Norte (2018), Ingles (2018)
Another vote for the senda del agua. Its a lovely flat well marked route and was a relief to find after being fairly lost in Vigo itself.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
Various Portuguese caminhos
Volunteer

Map and KML route here

Yes indeed. The green waymarkers.
we did that trail in 2015. I wrote about it on this forum by then.
the hospitaleiro of the albergue in Nigran pointed us to this trail but did not know the name, Senda del Agua .we even hiked the trail which is marked on your added map , the thin dotted line , partly on the sandy beaches. Very nice

Last edited:
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Best lightweight guides
Best lightweight guides for before and after your Camino, just 1.4 oz (40 grams)!

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
Various Portuguese caminhos
Volunteer
Yes www.caminador.es has excellent maps of all stages

It's fairly easy to leave Vigo. Head uphill from Calle Urzaiz and you will pick up yellow arrows. Or start from here..

Igrexa Parroquial da Inmaculada Concepción
Ursaiz is one of the two trainstations inVigo and connects Vigo with a.o. Redondela, Pontevedra,Padron and Santiago and even A Coruña and Ferrol

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings